Suchergebnisse

Suchergebnisse 1-20 von insgesamt 148.

• My thoughts: the last thing RW needs is an "economy". The game is about building and surviving- not making money. An economy, and corresponding "money" or monetary system, has been discussed for years in that "other" game, and several people have tried setting up their own. Never works. Why? The Barter System will always win out. The only "economy" in a game like this that I've ever seen that has worked (some) is the one in Total Miner. In that game everything has both a buying and selling price…

• Great fixes and new additions. Good work guys!

• Hab ein klein Bug Gefunden

Geneo - - Rising World Discussion

Beitrag

Yes, there's a German forum: forum.rising-world.net/index.php/Board/11-German-Forum/

• Great update! Thanks!

• Pets suggestion.

Geneo - - Suggestions

Beitrag

Zitat: „Those who don't want any pets can choose not to bother with this option. they simply do nothing, and carry on as usual. no disabling anything.“ I'm in that camp. I have nothing against pets (or horses) per se, and for those that want them, fine. But for me if they're anything like the MC ones, the trouble & hassle far outweighs any benefits. Course I'm talking feeding, watering, providing shelter, and even possibly training (unless you depend on the pet's AI to do it all, and not be able…

• Male, older than you... or most anybody here.

• Personally, for a 'major' change like that, I'd want to start over.

• Yea, farming! Good job, Red!

• IF magic is added to the game

Geneo - - Suggestions

Beitrag

Remember: "It's the magician, not the wand." I'm with ZaCormr on this one- magic just wouldn't seem right in this game.

• Explosives

Geneo - - Suggestions

Beitrag

If dynamite is available, greifers will use it to destroy things, whether you 'envision' it being used that way or not. Personally, I don't think it's worth it, even for mining. * In the time it takes you to create and/or gather the resources for dynamite, you could've dug the hole. * Dynamite is 'dumb' (ie, uncontrollable)- and it's destructive by nature. Sure it will blow a hole in rock... but it will also destroy any ores in it's blast path too. I don't see it "helping with extraction"- I see…

• I see it as 'the game is whatever you make it'. Want to survive? Then survive. Want to build? Then build. Want to explore? Go exploring. I don't see it as Skyrim, Civilization, Rimworld, or any other games like that. I see it as what Minecraft 2 should be like... on steroids. I see it as not needing any 'mods'- it's all there already. There will be plenty to keep you busy- you won't need any "mini-games" to keep you entertained or interested. This game will be many things to many people- but 'bo…

• (Giving Red virtual pat on the back). Way to go! It's coming together nicely.

• How big is the world

Beitrag

Another problem with "endless" worlds is (server or no server), is that it's so big, 95% of it will never seen or used. It may give you a mental warm fuzzy feeling, but the reality is it's huge waste. I have no reason to be against "endless" worlds, per se. I'm just saying for myself, I'd only use or travel in 1% of it... at the most.

• ores running out

Geneo - - Suggestions

Beitrag

People won't run out of resources. They're there- people just haven't looked everywhere yet.

• How big is the world

Beitrag

And it should be "low priority". An 'infinite' world size is a mental thing anyway- some get a warm, fuzzy feeling from knowing they aren't 'limited'. (If it's "infinite", how you know?) Then there's the "explorers". They don't want to play the game, they just enjoy running around gawking at the scenery, watching it unfold (even though it's basically the same scenery repeated over and over). Just as one pig looks like the last one, one desert or forest will look like the last one too. (The ole d…

• Wish List

Geneo - - Suggestions

Beitrag

Don't get me started on what I think of mods. For now, the game is only Alpha- it's got a long way to go, and there'll be plenty of cool things (some we haven't even thought of) yet to be added. So far I like the direction this game is headed. Patience. We might be surprised and amazed!

• To me, there's a huge difference between "immersion" and "overly complicating things just to complicate things". What blacksmith? I understand some of you are big on 'repairing' tools (and weapons), but when a pickaxe 'wears out' or 'breaks', how hard is it to craft a new one? Or while you're at it, craft 2 and carry a spare? Having a blacksmith in the game implies that he works in a Town. That means you have to live near a Town so you can get to it easily. People have also advocated NPC's to fa…

• Sounds like a very, very complicated game within a game that plays all by itself to me. I'd hate to program all that AI! I think the point of RW is that you have to survive in the world, making your own story as you go- not "There's a whole other game going on out there, join it if you want."

• You did real good on all the changes, (especially the compass, which I harassed championed for).

• Zoom

Geneo - - Suggestions

Beitrag

Double sweet. That's the way it should be.