Suchergebnisse

Suchergebnisse 1-20 von insgesamt 25.

• nature and rain voice

tryst46 - - Rising World Discussion

Beitrag

It's a minor detail that will no doubt be tweaked at a later time when the main stuff is finished.

• NPC Settlers

tryst46 - - Suggestions

Beitrag

They move a few feet and stop but don't do a lot more. I'd want to see them go somewhere as if they were visitng another house, going to work or some similar thing. They lay down to sleep but they will do it anywhere, even on bare ground, I would prefer them to go to their "home" and sleep on a bed there. It would be fairly easy to tag a house as a NPC home and have them "take ownership" so others can't use it to live in but can only visit. The same goes for offices, and places of work if they c…

• Zitat von angriff: „those are not bugs.. they are unintended features. “ bug-vs-feature.jpg Sorry, just had to post this.

• NPC Settlers

tryst46 - - Suggestions

Beitrag

Zitat von Avanar: „if its only a dummy npc you want, standing around - then this feature is already in game “ I'd want them walking around appearing to go places and do things rather than just standing around doing nothing at all like the current ones do. I think having them build stuff is too much of a stretch to ask Red and his team to work on, there is so much more that could add instead of working on AI to do things WE should be doing. I'd leave it to the modding community if they want to wo…

• NPC Settlers

tryst46 - - Suggestions

Beitrag

I'd prefer if it wasn't like that. LiF starts with a fixed number of settlers and only expands due to new births. It's also a game where you direct them to do certain things to build up the town while in this game, you do the work. All I would like to see are NPC's who would add a bit of life to your village. Especially in single player where you have an entire world to yourself and you can buid as many towns or villages as you want but they remain ghost towns, just there to look at and nothing …

• I like the idea for the windows. At the moment, windows will auto size for a rectangle or square window but no matter how you try it, glass just doesn't want to be anything other than a square. It would be nice if the glass could auto-shape to the existing space. If you have a piece of glass, it will snap onto a block, plank or beam to create a window. If it could retain the same axis and calculate how much area it has to cover, and shape itself to fit into that area, it wouldn't matter what sha…

• Zitat von icon58: „Would it be possible to put something in the permissions file to allow a person to run this script? I see under commands I can allow a some command and deny them others. “ Yes, I would love a server that allows me to fill my swimming pool with water even if it doesn't allow me to do other things using the script.

• select beta branch

Beitrag

Not quite. Garry's mod is a tiny playfield mostly suited for deathmatch games. I was considering a much larger playfield with a PG landscape like RW has.

• select beta branch

Beitrag

Personally, I'd like to see a game along similar lines to RW but very basic and with API hooks into EVERYTHING, including the AI, so modders can have at it in any way they want. It would be really amazing to have a game created by the modding community. You download the basic game and then install the mods you want in it, so you can customise the game to your personal taste. the game then becomes what you want to play rather than only what the developer wants to add.

• technical_flame ?

tryst46 - - Suggestions

Beitrag

Yes, I agree. Making your own fires at the moment means building around a campfire or some existing structure but it's not always as easy as it sounds. There should be two types of technical fire: A fireplace and a candle so we can have a small single flame like that from a candle or multiple flames like in a fireplace.

• NPC Settlers

tryst46 - - Suggestions

Beitrag

NPC's that can populate a town if you assign the buildings to NPC public Accommodation, Utility, Workplace or Recreational. The "NPC Public" tag means that NPC's will use the buildings you've assigned to live, work, visit or play and the type of building is assigned to allow NPC's to act accordingly in those buildings. Workplaces could even have sub categories like office, factory and such to make the NPC's inside act accordingly. If NPC's also included children, they could act only within Accom…

• select beta branch

Beitrag

Why does 1.0 have to be the release? Surely if you have more you can add, you could stretch it out to 2.0 or even higher. Personally, I'd like to see this game under continual development, there is so much more that could be added. Ultimately, when the devs do decide to reelease it, I do hope there is loads of capability in the API for modders to add more content to it so we can really see how far we can push the limits of it. Look at Skyrim, modders have made an entirely different game of it by…

• ArcticuKitsu's Wishlist/Suggestion

tryst46 - - Suggestions

Beitrag

On the same theme as music box/radio. I would like to see a scalable TV screen that we can link youtube videos to, even if we could only view videos downloaded onto your PC (for single player) or server (for MP), it would allow us to have a working TV in game.

• Considering that there is no running water and I have yet to find any soap in the game, I'd hazard a guess...

• Mods directory.

tryst46 - - Suggestions

Beitrag

It would be fairly easy to implement if the object files were added to a specific directory where the game would search for additional items to the preset ones the game has (ie: \rising world\mods\). All that is required is the correct format of the items that I would presume would normally be a default of the standard design package, I doubt the devs would create more work than was necessary so the design packages default format is usually used in game objects. The game would not load incorrect…

• Inventory.insertNewClothingItem(...)

tryst46 - - API Wünsche

Beitrag

It would be fairly easy if the mods had their own directories that were considered additional resource locations to the packed game files. However, this is going a bit off topic now so I'll take this to the suggestions. Thanks for the clarification.

tryst46 - - API Wünsche

Beitrag

I was actually speaking of adding it as an addon by users rather than created by the devs. Somewhere we can put files and such for our own designed clothing. I would presume this comes under the remit of a clothing addon for the API.

tryst46 - - API Wünsche

Beitrag

Any chance of adding new clothing for players to craft/wear? I was thinking of more variations and more traditional clothing like dresses, collared shirts and such.

• HOW TO MAKE A TEXTURE PACK

tryst46 - - Mods

Beitrag

The files are showing with a DDSE extension. I have a DDS editor but I get the error: Can't read file header. Do these have some special encoded or something? If so, what editor can I use to and add new DDS files? I want to try adding some more clothing to the list.

• The chest has gone.

tryst46 - - Suggestions

Beitrag

I started a game and built a workbench but as yet, I can find no chest or storage item on it to put my stuff in. I know it's right at the start of the game but you do often travel a fair distance to find the perfect spot and undoubtedly, you'll pick up a few useful things on the way. All I want is somewhere safe to store them temporarily so it leave the rest of my inventory free to start building my new home. None of the workbenches have storage space (unless you include the forge while it's sme…