Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

We've posted an important announcement regarding the current situation and the future of the game: Announcement

• Mixer (Streaming)

ArcticuKitsu - - Offtopic

Videos only last about 15 days before they're deleted on Twitch. I did stream and I did try making videos for Kdenlive to prevent me from uploading them onto Youtube. I wanted to add so many images and it only recognized a few portions of them. I haven't streamed anything proper on Mixer yet. I 100% honestly miss my chill streams of Rising World just building and whatever. If people find it boring then sucks to be them, but I honestly miss those when I remember back to the "good old days". I hop…

• VR Games

Let's do a little catchup. Before that, I need to share a blog posting dealing with my VR experiences because Oculus honestly set me off. I've also been sharing most of my VR related things on Rising World's Steam offtopics section for being easier in various ways. steamcommunity.com/app/324080/…s/16/1710690018668162998/ ------------------ - Arcticu's Experience with Oculus & Oculus Rift: I've owned an Oculus Rift since December 2017 loving the good moments. So many memories, so much fun. Everyt…

• Mixer (Streaming)

I love how I said I'd stream on Mixer every night to only find you can't stream on Android devices because it mutes sound. That blew my bubble of enthusiasm that I just felt "dead". I also found out I lost a follower on Twitch so I guess there is also that. I just lack the energy to stream because of how my games tend to stutter also and how much people tend to complain about various things. I just want to stream in a peaceful manner. I also want to play Rising World yet have to wait on Unity ve…

• Quote from red51: “Well, but I have to say that this will not be just a "regular feature" like posters (so people can swap the npcs and players at any time), probably it will be more or less a modding feature (just like adding custom items). More precisely, something that can only be done by the server admin (in multiplayer) ” I'm going to re-reply to this because it could be a one time thing. Right before you join a world you could set it so it could be default or at any time. If a server choos…

• Mixer (Streaming)

It appears Mixer is the new safe haven for streamers. You get everything from the get-go without relying on external plugins and bots. You can have them, though what you get out of the box is far more awesome. Mixer behaves like an RPG/Mobage with how the more you interact, the more you level up. With the Sparks you earn you can send interactions into chat for added effect. https://mixer.com/ - Rising World tab: https://mixer.com/browse/games/10686/rising-world - Tower Unite: https://mixer.com/b…

• Quote from red51: “Well, but I have to say that this will not be just a "regular feature" like posters (so people can swap the npcs and players at any time), probably it will be more or less a modding feature (just like adding custom items). More precisely, something that can only be done by the server admin (in multiplayer) ” Quote from red51: “But as mentioned above, I'm not sure if it would be a good idea if every player could just swap his character at any time. It might fit well in games li…

• Quote from red51: “It's definitely getting easier when it comes to importing/exporting models, especially when it comes to FBX models. Being able to replace player or npcs characters was originally planned for the API anyway, but since it required a lot of changes "under the hood", we will keep this in mind now when migrating to the new engine Can't say much about MMD files unfortunately, AFAIK Unity does not support this format, but it should be easy to convert these models to FBX (and Unity ha…

• Well, this caught me completely off guard, but it's not unbelievable. I've seen games revamp their games and such by working from the ground up. Kingdom was one such game having gone radio silent for a year until it was ready again. I'm glad you gave a heads up, unlike that game. This opens up new opportunities, maybe something in areas I'm more familiar with..... Everything looks nicer, crisper, and even a bit like Medieval Engineers. Granted, Rising World shall have its own touch to things. Ha…

• - NPC - Importing Models/NPC Templates - Basic Behavior & Importing: Tower Unite showed me something interesting, something I wish to see in Rising World in some point in the future. Would love to see the ability to have a template for NPCS to then attach other models on top of them so they can then use default animations & stances, among other things. Some basic animation sets should be applied to them, similar to how I've also seen them applied in +18 'Illusion' made games from the Japanese He…

• Frigate ship

ArcticuKitsu - - Blueprints

Excellent! Had to Google it. Glad the name of it was in the image file title. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Admiral_Gorshkov-class_frigate Only one out so far, more coming on its way. One of them is even on a sea trial. Cool, cool.

• Frigate ship

This the Goldeneye N64 version of the frigate? Probably not, yet awesome! Love how you even gave it a nice interior. I can't help but think of Goldeneye (N64) version of the frigate when I see this. youtube.com/watch?v=Q-kiH9yNe5A Gave you a thumbs up for an awesome job on the vessel.

• Happy Canada Day!

Ooo, I missed the one from last year. Alright, Happy Canada Day for 2019! --------------------- Azur Lane - Happy Canada Day! (Recognition) twitter.com/AzurLane_EN/status/1145595807258664960 The same reason why I'm following Rising World is also why I'm following Azur Lane. Similar reason for SCS Software, though haven't seen much of a Canadian Paintscheme for their American Truck Simulator game. The Chinese Azur Lane developers went out of their way to commission an Canadian artist from Pixiv (…

• Minecraft + Feed The Beast

Minecraft Vanilla: I'm going to note that Mojang is indeed learning, just not fully. They finally added in foxes, made boats far more worthwhile, and the Illagers. A few frustrations though...... 1) Mojang constantly attacking Notch in return over SJW related issues. Yes, you don't want to be associated with a "madman", just not doing it professionally. They're too set on making things "professional" that they're alienating and ruining things. 2) Nether Portal: It's still broken in multiplayer w…

• Youtube vs Twitch

Alright, it appears Youtube still wants to punish their community through-and-through with the "special help" from Carlos Maza. He was whining like a fragile snowflake (his feelings were hurt) he threw a tantrum, YouTube listened, and they demonetized many people's videos. It appeared as YouTube was waiting for a reason, thus given one by Carlos Mazza's fragile nature to do a blanket attack on Youtube. Then you have the copyright nonsense of people copyright claiming your videos so it makes it a…

• RMS OLYMPIC (1920)

You're getting a +1 from me. Awesome! Love the Titanic, the Olympic, and Britannic. When I get the time and patience I'll grab these then try and explore them. I love what you've done here Being a ship buff you're getting a nice solid +1 from me.

• Quote from red51: “Quote from Termex_CZ: “hi red51, will this year be trains? ” Originally trains were supposed to be the next update (after the npc update), however, unfortunately the Steam changes in October last year force us to go into a different direction... I will post an announcement about the next updates and our next steps in a few weeks. ” Sad to hear about this because "we" were looking forward to the trains update. Still have everything set up waiting for trains to be added hoping w…

• Example: CustomItemLoader

ArcticuKitsu - - Example Plugins

Quote from red51: “you have to create a new plugin for that. You could use the Backpacks plugin as a reference, since it works in a similar way (instead of opening the backpack, you just have to remove the food item from the inventory, update the health/hunger/thirst of the player and maybe play an eating sound effect). You can also check out the documentation, it also contains some example code: javadoc.rising-world.net/net/r…ts/custom/CustomItem.html ” I may struggle horribly with this. When I…

• Quote from red51: “Quote from ArcticuKitsu: “Just a "quality of life" type suggestion for Dummy NPCs wishing the menu we gain on 'EditDummyNPC' could extend to clothing selections and items ” Something like that was actually planned, but unfortunately it wasn't ready in time... it's still on our list In the meantime, you could use the editnpcclothes <clothes1> <clothes2> ... command to set clothes for an npc (e.g. editnpcclothes tux_jacket tux_pants tux_shoes, or in order to add only a single cl…

• Sorry for another posting but I seem to be having an issue where these blueprints keeps prompting me without giving me a chance to exit. Can it prompt less in multiplayer instances (Singleplayer seems to work fine). It also seems to auto-place the models without letting me orientate and etc. Can we get an 'X' button, and tone down the constantly prompting of the menu?

• Example: CustomItemLoader

ArcticuKitsu - - Example Plugins

Can we get some more documentation so we can add in food items, among other things? I would love to add candy which can be consumed like strawberries, and such. The way I can use these plugins is by reverse-engineering things in template form with seeing a similar pattern, I would use that template to do similar things. I need more documentation to look at so I can make sense of things. A list of animations currently in Rising World, and etc. How do we consume the candy, what animation do I use,…