Server connection issue for those using Windows 10

• Hi Red or anyone else that might know,

Several players on my server have reported having a hard time to connect and that it takes them several times of trying before their client will connect to the server.

One of the things we've been able to determine is that they are all Windows 10 users or recently upgraded to Windows 10.

Does anyone have any idea what causes this and how to fix it?

Thanks,
    Red Baron

Green Valleys - PvE Survival - Land Claims/Portals/SetHome - discord.gg/6gEbPXCHrV

• Hmm... if there are several players who can't connect to the server, it could be either a serverside issue, or an issue with the player connections. I don't think it's related to the OS. In general, if a player isn't able to connect to a server, or if it takes several attempts until he is able to join, it depends on where the loading bar gets stuck exactly.
    If it's less than 10%, it means that the player wasn't even able to fully establish a connection to the server (or establishing a connection just took too long). This could be related to plugins or scripts (especially if they're doing too much stuff in the "PlayerConnectEvent", i.e. downloading large assets etc), or could happen if there are connection related issues (too much traffic, not enough bandwidth), or if an antivirus program or firewall interferes with the connection (client side).
    If the player gets stuck somewhere between 10% and 100%, it indicates that the client did not receive the world data from the server. This could happen if the server runs out of memory, for example, but of course there are also many other possible causes.
    Maybe you can post a server log here (or send it via PM to me or via email to support@jiw-games.net), it can be found in your server folder under "Logs". Maybe it contains more information about what's going on exactly ;)

• Hmm, here's a snippet of when someone had connection issues I think. I believe they get stuck at 10% and time out.

2019/05/19 01:29 AM G.g
    INFO: Delete Client ID: 8
    [EndAuthSession] 293360142
    2019/05/19 01:29 AM JIW-Network
    WARNING: [UdpSessionHandler] Unable to find ClientConnection for null
    [TcpSessionHandler] NEW Client Connection from:/24.101.179.83:62741 de.jiw.network.server.session.TcpSessionHandler@79b11993 PORT:4255
    [NetworkServer] ChannelReconnectMessage: Channel closed
    UUIDs: null: / b96c45d7-ea7f-4293-8dbe-1b97d51d831a
    [TcpSessionHandler ChannelInactive] /24.101.179.83:62741
    WARNING: [TcpSessionHandler ChannelInactive] Unable to find ClientConnection for /24.101.179.83:62741
    [TcpSessionHandler] NEW Client Connection from:/24.101.179.83:62758 de.jiw.network.server.session.TcpSessionHandler@e0fe04a PORT:4256
    [TcpSessionHandler ChannelInactive] /24.101.179.83:62758
    WARNING: [TcpSessionHandler ChannelInactive] Unable to find ClientConnection for /24.101.179.83:62758
    [TcpSessionHandler] NEW Client Connection from:/24.101.179.83:62775 de.jiw.network.server.session.TcpSessionHandler@744dfc59 PORT:4257
    [TcpSessionHandler ChannelInactive] /24.101.179.83:62775
    WARNING: [TcpSessionHandler ChannelInactive] Unable to find ClientConnection for /24.101.179.83:62775

Green Valleys - PvE Survival - Land Claims/Portals/SetHome - discord.gg/6gEbPXCHrV

• This snippet indicates that the server lost connection to a player. The player did not disconnect gracefully, probably he lost connection (or quit the game forcefully). A full server log would probably help to find out what's going on exactly :)

• Hello @Red_Baron,

I've noticed that the error: 'WARNING: [TcpSessionHandler ChannelInactive]Unable to find ClientConnection' appeared in the logs a few times today.

This error also appears in-game in red above the chat when it occurs and this is quite annoying. I do not immediately know what might causing this problem.

I have contacted my server host 'Nitrado' about this problem. What host are you using at the moment? Did you find a solution for this problem?

Thanks in advance!

With kind regards,

Maarten.

• Hi @MeesterMaarten,

I use gtxgaming for hosting. The problem seemed to be from their end, as they moved my server to a new ip address and the connection issues stopped after that.

You could try contacting Nitrado to see if they can look into what is causing connection issues for your server.

Hope that helps.

Red_Baron

• From my experience, it could be a compatibility issue with the OS and the server software or a network issue. Have you tried reaching out to the server software support for a solution?

In the meantime, ensure all your drivers and software are up to date and perform a network diagnostic to see if there's any issue with your internet connection. If everything checks out, you might want to consider downgrading back to an older version of Windows that works well with the server.

If you want a new comp or upgrade to Win10, you can grab some cheap windows keys on Reddit.

• From my experience, it could be a compatibility issue with the OS and the server software or a network issue. Have you tried reaching out to the server software support for a solution?

Hi, the thread is from 2019, I think that the problem is solved by now :) And welcome in the game :D

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • ;)
    • :(
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • :verysad:
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • :crazy:
    • :lol:
    • :dizzy:
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :thinking:
    • :wacko:
    • :/
    • 8)
    • :wat:
    • :huh:
    • :silenced:
    • :wow:
    • 8|
    • :angry:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :hushed:
    • :nerd:
    • :saint:
    • :drooling:
    • :love:
    • :monocle:
    • :poo:
    • :party:
    • :drunk:
    • <3
    • :!:
    • :?:
    The maximum number of attachments: 10
    Maximum File Size: 1 MB
    Allowed extensions: 7z, avi, bmp, dds, gif, jpeg, jpg, json, log, lua, mp3, mp4, ogg, pdf, permissions, png, properties, rar, txt, xml, zip

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!