AuthTicketCanceled

• Hi just noticed my sever stopped working whilst playing. Checked the logs and I have 4 messages like this:

2019/05/31 06:22 PM: Server Validate Auth Ticket Response: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx AuthTicketCanceled

(I changed the responses to "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" from a key, not sure if its a security risk or not to post the keys so just being safe :) )

Any ideas what caused this? =O

• Hey, sorry for the late response! This error basically means that the authentication ticket of the client was cancelled by the user - i.e. the ticket became invalid before the server was able to authenticate it. This could happen if a user cancels the loading process, or if there is an issue with the Steam servers.
    However, what do you mean exactly with "the server stopped working"? Did it crash?

• However, what do you mean exactly with "the server stopped working"? Did it crash?

Hi Red hope you had a good holiday ;)

Yes the server stopped accepting connections from any client including me locally. So, it sounds to me at least that it was a issue with the Steam servers. A reboot of the server fixed the issue. It happened 2-3 times during the space of a few days, hence I thought I would mention it here. Not had a problem for a while now *touch wood* so maybe it was just glorious Steam having a few hiccups.

• Hi Red hope you had a good holiday ;)
    Yes the server stopped accepting connections from any client including me locally. So, it sounds to me at least that it was a issue with the Steam servers. A reboot of the server fixed the issue. It happened 2-3 times during the space of a few days, hence I thought I would mention it here. Not had a problem for a while now *touch wood* so maybe it was just glorious Steam having a few hiccups.

had a similar problem 2 times this weekend. On my side it is related to a mysql exception timeout occurred while another program ran a rsync backup that already had 450+ folders. The disk IO is too high while backup is running so mysql throws that lock timeout and after that my server hung up in a zombie state where even my restart plugin doesnt work and i have to kill the process. I knew this problem but forgot to check backup directory recently...

Gamer aus Leidenschaft
    (Web) Entwickler aus Leidenschaft
    <3 Vater aus Leidenschaft <3
    (prio in aufsteigender Sortierung ;) )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. Entweder man macht etwas richtig oder lässt es bleiben!
    2. Egal wie lange etwas dauert, Hauptsache es wird fertig (irgendwann)
    ------------------------
    Discord: Devidian#1334

• Hey @yahwho and @Devidian, have you considered assigning cpu affinity to the backup's process? In short you can force applications to use specific cores by adding /affinity to the start parameters for your backups application. Another trick is the /abovenormal /belownormal tags so the cpu knows which is mission critical and which is background processes.

• does not matter in my case 16 cores are not very busy only the storage is! The reason is that its some sort of network-shared-storage in my case.

Gamer aus Leidenschaft
    (Web) Entwickler aus Leidenschaft
    <3 Vater aus Leidenschaft <3
    (prio in aufsteigender Sortierung ;) )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. Entweder man macht etwas richtig oder lässt es bleiben!
    2. Egal wie lange etwas dauert, Hauptsache es wird fertig (irgendwann)
    ------------------------
    Discord: Devidian#1334

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • ;)
    • :(
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • :verysad:
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • :crazy:
    • :lol:
    • :dizzy:
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :thinking:
    • :wacko:
    • :/
    • 8)
    • :wat:
    • :huh:
    • :silenced:
    • :wow:
    • 8|
    • :angry:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :hushed:
    • :nerd:
    • :saint:
    • :drooling:
    • :love:
    • :monocle:
    • :poo:
    • :party:
    • :drunk:
    • <3
    • :!:
    • :?:
    The maximum number of attachments: 10
    Maximum File Size: 1 MB
    Allowed extensions: 7z, avi, bmp, dds, gif, jpeg, jpg, json, log, lua, mp3, mp4, ogg, pdf, permissions, png, properties, rar, txt, xml, zip

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!