RESOLVED: How to revoke friend's access to Rising World on my computer

• My friend plays games on my computer, but with her own Steam. I gave her permissions to play my Rising World game, but when she logged in it just gave her a new toon with my name, so that didn't work. She tried to buy the game for herself, but she wasn't able to because it said she already owns the game.

How can I take her off my game so that she can buy it for herself? She will still be using it on my computer while she waits to get one of her own. Actually, this is an issue with all the games on Steam on my computer.

I know this might be a Steam question, but nobody seems to be answering her there so I was hoping one of you good people could let us know how it's done.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

------------------------------------------

RESOLVED: In Steam>Settings there is a "Family" section. I found her there and removed her. :-)

• For deactivating share it should be enough to go to Steam->Settings->Family and revoke the computer authorization i think

Gamer aus Leidenschaft
    (Web) Entwickler aus Leidenschaft
    <3 Vater aus Leidenschaft <3
    (prio in aufsteigender Sortierung ;) )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. Entweder man macht etwas richtig oder lässt es bleiben!
    2. Egal wie lange etwas dauert, Hauptsache es wird fertig (irgendwann)
    ------------------------
    Discord: Devidian#1334

• Thanks. I did that and it removed her from mine. She bought her own copy, but still can't use it on my computer. Every time she logs on, it says she's "Batta" I've written to Steam to find out how to fix it.

• try going into steam settings and opt out of betas on the first page of settings on a different comp for her account or you could sign up for betas and that should fix it. I believe they are talking about the beta client participation signup.

• Neither of us is opted in to betas. I got an answer from Steam, that it's something in the way the game saves on computers. They suggested we write to the game devs and ask them to change it. Apparently, right now it's impossible for two different Steam accounts to play this game on the same computer unless they don't mind both of them going by the same name. This creates obvious issues when other players can't tell which of us they're interacting with.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • ;)
    • :(
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • :verysad:
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • :crazy:
    • :lol:
    • :dizzy:
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :thinking:
    • :wacko:
    • :/
    • 8)
    • :wat:
    • :huh:
    • :silenced:
    • :wow:
    • 8|
    • :angry:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :hushed:
    • :nerd:
    • :saint:
    • :drooling:
    • :love:
    • :monocle:
    • :poo:
    • :party:
    • :drunk:
    • <3
    • :!:
    • :?:
    The maximum number of attachments: 10
    Maximum File Size: 1 MB
    Allowed extensions: 7z, avi, bmp, dds, gif, jpeg, jpg, json, log, lua, mp3, mp4, ogg, pdf, permissions, png, properties, rar, txt, xml, zip

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!