immersive blueprints

• immersive blueprints

New

Hi

so we all know the problem that blueprints give us. We currently need almost no ressources for it but can set whole castles within seconds.

My idea is to add an additional workbench to create blueprints. When you open such you will get a window the same size as your screen. Basically a virtual world to build in. You would have all textures and construction elements, objects, etc. available without any costs and could create whatever you want.
      When done you click on a save-button and the blueprint is saved.

Now when you want to craft that specific blueprint it will show you the material you used in the virutal world to create your blueprint. Could be i.e. 100 wood, 500 stone, 2 chairs and 7 doors. Have that all in your inventory for crafting + an unused blueprint.

That would not solve the issue for big castles or such buildings fit into the terrain but it would surely allow immersive use of blueprints for i.e. decoration, furniture, etc.
    • New

I would like to see the ability to tie a blueprint to a chest. You cant place the blueprint till you have placed all the required mats into the crate. Once the mats are in the crate the blueprint is unlocked and you can place it. You may need to create a special crate that can hold infinate amount of material as some BP are large
    • New

That might be not so easy. The chest is not connected to your inventory and your inventory not to the blueprint. Once you have the blueprint the only connection is to the list of available blueprints in your journal.

But thats another topic. I would like to hear what @red51 and others in the community say about my suggestion. I really think that could be a solution to not restrict creativity and at the same time neither allow Blueprint-spamming on servers or loose the immersive feeling in survival.
    • New

May be the other way to do blueprints is maybe the same way that the Forest do their blueprints, ie you place a image/ outline of the building or object first and then you have to get the materials to place onto that blueprint with the amount shown at the bottom of the screen, now i fully understand if its a massive building this could take a very long time but then again the feeling of putting the very last log/brick into it to finish it does feel great, and after all its not like we cant see what it's going to look like if you have downloaded it from the forum in the first place.

This will be a interesting topic to see what other think :thumbsup:
    • Users Online 1

1 Guest