Fatal error on loading rad out of space i swap file

• That should have been Ran Out of Space in Swap file: I had 3 different errors pop up during 3 different attempts to log in tonight. The first 2 I was unable to save a copy of before the computer screen blacked out (sorry)
    The second one said something to the effect that the paging file was full. skype and RW were the only 2 active programs open on the computer (along with all the crap that runs in the background) When I got that error it also shut down the skype call I was on. We looked at the paging file
    As you can see there is ample space available for that one. (Obviously it used up all the error!)

The following is the 3rd fatal error I received:
    Windows 10 (x64) 10.0 Java: 1.8.0_131 amd64 0.9.5.7_39 -H:4096 -D:3072 (Steam)
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz, GL704GW, 16233 MB (4207 MB Heap)
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 20190522000000.000000-000 26.21.14.3086
    Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 20190207000000.000000-000 25.20.100.6577
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsContextImplementation.create(WindowsContextImplementation.java:50)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.ContextGL.<init>(ContextGL.java:132)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:850)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:757)
    at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglDisplay.createContext(LwjglDisplay.java:144)
    at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.initInThread(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:113)
    at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:211)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source

• Your computer has 16 gig of RAM..... my understanding is that with that much memory your computer shouldn't be accessing the paging file at all.

The paging file is accessed only when you are running out of memory.

If I was in your position I would be monitoring your memory and see if it drops and when it is dropping.
    Use Task Manager and Performance to look at your memory available before starting Rising World

With the screenshot below I had the following running.

12 Tabs running in Chrome
    VLC Media player watching a video

Total memory on my laptop is 4 GIG.
    Before starting the game I had 960 MB of memory available.

After starting Rising World and going into a saved world my available memory dropped from 960MB to 304MB of memory.

I am still able to play the game .

Modded Rising World 2024

Now running : 100 Player Game Server With My New Modded Rising World

Edited 2 times, last by RunAndHideGamer ().

• You're right Daniel & yahwho! Seem I always get the screwy things to happen!

On the fifth attempt to open RW we had task manager open and as soon as we tried to load the game & before we could do anything but watch, the memory went to 100% & the screen went black. Shut down the computer again I uninstalled Steam. (not before saving my map and blueprint) I reinstalled Steam. That let me get past the steam page and into the game.

Now the only thing I cannot seam to do is make the view windowed so that I have access to my task bar. It only knows one setting...full screen. I don't like it but at least now I can get into the game.

thanks for the input (thought maybe a fatal errors would be of import to the devs)

• My screenshots show my memory went to 92% but that is because my computer only has 4 GIG of memory. With the 16 Gig you should not be having memory going to 100% like you are.

With your issue with the black screen and having to shut down and restart your computer...... I had a similar issue when I purchased a game called Project Hospital a few weeks ago. Started the game, got to the menu , put in my option selections and ran the game. The screen went black. I tried a computer restart and nothing.... computer did not restart. It took 30 minutes and then my computer came back on. In my case I believe my computer is not powerful enough to run Project Hospital though the graphics are not anything like Rising World. I believe my screen went black because my video card can not handle Project Hospital and it took my video card 30 minutes to recover.

Last week I moved my laptop slightly which put a little extra pressure on the power cable going into the side. My screen went black. I moved the laptop back and the screen back to normal and windows was still running. I have never seen that happen before.

With your issues I am wondering if you have a hardware issue . If I can run Rising World on a not very powerful pc you should be able to as well.

I would get your husband to look at the Reliability Monitor reports for your computer which may tell if you have hardware issues. He also needs to look at the windows event logs which may also tell you what is happening.

I assume your husband has his own computer running Rising World..... is he having the same issues as you are with your computer?

Modded Rising World 2024

Now running : 100 Player Game Server With My New Modded Rising World

• Sorry I have been busy at home and have not gotten a chance to get back in here.

THIS IS JUST AN UPDATE for anyone that is interested.

I uninstalled and reinstalled both steam and RW Didn't do a thing for it. I think I spent 3 days trying to get into the game and just got frustrated with it. I had, as usual no error reports (since I could not get that far) But I did send what the computer was doing off to JIW.

Then Steam did one of their updates. It struck me as strange as they had just done one of those that they had several fixes to on the 14th. I read that it was a reload do to some fixes that needed to be made including a couple of individual fixes. Sorry I do not remember the day they reloaded it with the fixes. (One of the fixes dealt with game loading issues or some such. Low and behold I have not had a lick of problems since that fix was uploaded.

Thanks for the comments and the interest
    Lilli

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • ;)
    • :(
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • :verysad:
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • :crazy:
    • :lol:
    • :dizzy:
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :thinking:
    • :wacko:
    • :/
    • 8)
    • :wat:
    • :huh:
    • :silenced:
    • :wow:
    • 8|
    • :angry:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :hushed:
    • :nerd:
    • :saint:
    • :drooling:
    • :love:
    • :monocle:
    • :poo:
    • :party:
    • :drunk:
    • <3
    • :!:
    • :?:
    The maximum number of attachments: 10
    Maximum File Size: 1 MB
    Allowed extensions: 7z, avi, bmp, dds, gif, jpeg, jpg, json, log, lua, mp3, mp4, ogg, pdf, permissions, png, properties, rar, txt, xml, zip

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!