Allie and Lexie's Food Plugin [In Development]

• Hello Everybody!

My girlfriend and I are working on a plugin to add somethign we feel Rising World has been missing for a while: More food and cooking!
    We mainly started this project as a self-tutorial on plugin creation in rising world usign the API, and we're enjoying working on it together.
    So here we'll share what we have so far.
    We started with Lexie's favorite dish, Fish and chips!

Excuse the model, It's a concept placeholder for now. I spent all of five minutes in blender to make that, and we'll make a better model later. So we can craft it, and we can eat it, which restores hunger and hp like food should, so a good start so far. It doesn't heal broken bones. Yeah that's right, thus again proving I'm the clumsiest girl I know, I broke a bone while testing fish and chips (sigh.) An Improvement we'd like to make is that it's currently only craftable using specifically cooked perch, and we'd like it to be craftable with other types of fish too. We don't know if theres a way to specify a list of acceptable items for the first ingredient, or if we'll have to make separate recipes for each type of fish. We'll continue experimenting and I'm sure we'll have a solution soon enough. We'd also like to not have to go to our workshop to craft said meal at our workbench, we'd rather do it in the kitchen, which brings us to the next part of our plugin.

New Cookware!

We started with just a cutting board, but we plan on adding more cookware in the future. Right now we can craft the cutting board, carry it to a suitable location, and put it down on a suitable surface in the world like a kitchen counter. We're not sure how to open the crafting dialogue from the API (or if that's even possible.) If anyone has any input or suggestions they're always welcome to share with us. Following the static models example plugin as a guide, we created a database that tracks various cookware, and all cookware has attributes which identify what kind of cookware it is after it's placed in the world. If we can't use the crafting interface in the conventional sense, we have a few other ideas on how we can make it work, like possibly laying ingredients on cookware and giving it a good whack with a rolling pin which yields edible food or something. Maybe it'll be cooking with a grain of salt so to say. We'll find some way to make this happen though, so we'll keep updating as we get more time to work on it.

Any questions, comments, or suggestions? Any yummy food you'd like us to create? Let us know, and thanks for reading! :)

• At last someone is thinking of cooking in this great game (i know its on red's plans) there is so much that can be done with a plugin like this from just making a cooking pot to boil food in to adding ingredients to make a full stew (which can restore full health) but what about being able to get salt (need to boil first) from the sea to put on your fish n chips and tomato sauce (tomatoes in a blender) :thumbsup::thumbsup: looking forward to see how this goes.

• At last someone is thinking of cooking in this great game (i know its on red's plans) there is so much that can be done with a plugin like this from just making a cooking pot to boil food in to adding ingredients to make a full stew (which can restore full health) but what about being able to get salt (need to boil first) from the sea to put on your fish n chips and tomato sauce (tomatoes in a blender) :thumbsup::thumbsup: looking forward to see how this goes.

Thanks! Those are some good ideas!
    I'll see what I can do here in the next few days, hopefully I can get some time to work on it.
    Thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

• As we have apples in the game would there be a way to make vinegar and cider. I love vinegar on chips. It'd be nice to be able to relax in the beach chair and watch the sun go down while having a drink of cider, especially after falling of the roof and scaring the daylights out of myself. This plugin will be as good as your chicken coop. Have a great day. :D

• I've always wanted a steak and cheese sandwich in this game or perhaps a BLT? (Bacon, Lettuce & tomato on rye) The grind mill you're supposed to be able to grind wheat into flour, problem is the crop doesn't exist yet. Was wondering though if your plugin could someday morph into something similar to that of Pam's Harvestcraft? Just imagine adding all your own crops, recipes, pots, pans and even candles! For now the Fish & Chips looks quite delicious <3

• I've always wanted a steak and cheese sandwich in this game or perhaps a BLT? (Bacon, Lettuce & tomato on rye) The grind mill you're supposed to be able to grind wheat into flour, problem is the crop doesn't exist yet. Was wondering though if your plugin could someday morph into something similar to that of Pam's Harvestcraft? Just imagine adding all your own crops, recipes, pots, pans and even candles! For now the Fish & Chips looks quite delicious <3

Thanks for the input, ArcaneDesmond!
    I haven't taken a look into Pams Harvestcraft, but I definitely will and see if the mods could work together. I too am a big fan of the BLT, so if we get time that's something we'll work on. Love the suggestion!

• We would probably need wheat and milk. I have ideas on both but am not great on Java coding; dyslexia makes code hard to read.
    I'll have a go at modelling some of the bits. We may need some input from the main dev team or any expert on the saddle code to make the cow milkable. Cow bell for the milking. That's my idea. Add like a saddle to the cow. F to get choice of leading the cow or milking it. Wooden dairy bucket. Is the cow mesh somewhere handy?

For wheat; Sort 30 grass for wheat seeds. Plant seed decal on farm land. Covers a whole tile. Grows Dense wheat crop. harvest with sickle when yellow. No wild wheat. I'll need to take a peak at the carrot mesh. Are there polygon limits?

This would give us milk, cream, butter, cheese, dough, bread, noodles. Then combinations: pizza!

• Thanks for the input, ArcaneDesmond!I haven't taken a look into Pams Harvestcraft, but I definitely will and see if the mods could work together. I too am a big fan of the BLT, so if we get time that's something we'll work on. Love the suggestion!

Pams Harvestcraft is a huge minecraft mod. Very popular. Doing something that big would be hard. Essentially you've all ready gotten started on a good design.

• Hi! How is your plugin coming along? I have been watching it, and came up with some ideas of my own, but I'm not a programmer and didn't want to start from scratch.

cookedChicken+cuttingboard=4chickenparts+2legs

2Lettuce+1Tomato+1carrot=SideSalad

1Sidesalad+1Chickenpart=1grilledchickensalad

1sidesalad+1corn+1chicken+1pepper=Southwestsalad

Those are just a few of my ideas.

Also, it would be cool to have dishes that could be made and stacked, like bowls (to serve salad), plates, and silverware.

Being able to place food in front of people (like you do the cutting board) and they eat it with silverware would also be pretty neat.

I have a TON more ideas. But I don't want to overload you, or just give you a bunch of ideas that you already have.

If you have abandoned this project, or stalled out, I would love to work on it more. This plugin sounds like it will be amazing.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!