Is it possible to...

• ...add a "glass texture .DDS" file under "textures " in "Assets" folder to be a texture for planks and beams? If not, how does it all work?

Is there a source code of some kind that is only available to the Developers? Someone on discord said that there is a source code,
    but being the person that I am, I practically have to hear it from the developer, himself to believe it! And, no offense to the player on discord who told me! XD

• use the size command in the console to make a pain of glass into a beam.

size x x x

sizes range from 0.1-15.9 in survival and 0.01-15.99 in creative.

you just can't make logs unless you don't mind not being able to see through them. you can spin the beam and place multiple beams in each other to make it look round.

triangles are out of it, sorry.

• Unfortunately you cannot replace regular construction textures with a transparent glass texture, since regular blocks and planks do not support transparency. However, of course you can replace the textures of glass panes (as well as the according normal map, which is used for the refraction effect) ;)

Is there a source code of some kind that is only available to the Developers? Someone on discord said that there is a source code,

What do you mean exactly with "source code" in this particular case?

• So, just to get things straight, its not possible to make glass planks and beams by replacing textures?

that´s correct but if you are in singleplayer you can use the size command to make glass beams, blocks etc.

holding a glassplain in your hand - open console "^" and enter size x y z (size 1 1 1 will give you a glassblock)

• I guess source codes that require editing to make mods perhaps?

The source code is indeed only available to us. If this was an open source project, the source code would be accessible for everyone (but then there'd be no point in selling the game) ;)

However, the code can still be decompiled. You're allowed to do that for modding purposes, but the code is partly obfuscated, so doing any changes is possible though, but quite complicated.

I'm just curious, If I were, say to make a plugin to make Glass Planks and Beams, how would I do so?

That's a little bit tricky, but you could spawn a glass pane in the inventory and then execute the size command with the Player.executeConsoleCommand() method

• Is there any free decompiler software that you can recommend? Then again, you probably are familiar with software that is paid due to the fact that you are a developer?

Also, if I do, perhaps, decompile any code, I will do research on Java code so I know what I will be doing XD

• Would you know any c# Decompilers?

Yes, however this computer game was written in Java, so you have to use a Java decompiler. One that I know is JAD, it's the same one that Mojang recommends to decompile Minecraft. I have never tried decompiling it myself, so I can't confirm that it is working, but keep in mind that some o' those classes are obfuscated, good luck understanding those!

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • ;)
    • :(
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • :verysad:
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • :crazy:
    • :lol:
    • :dizzy:
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :thinking:
    • :wacko:
    • :/
    • 8)
    • :wat:
    • :huh:
    • :silenced:
    • :wow:
    • 8|
    • :angry:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :hushed:
    • :nerd:
    • :saint:
    • :drooling:
    • :love:
    • :monocle:
    • :poo:
    • :party:
    • :drunk:
    • <3
    • :!:
    • :?:
    The maximum number of attachments: 10
    Maximum File Size: 1 MB
    Allowed extensions: 7z, avi, bmp, dds, gif, jpeg, jpg, json, log, lua, mp3, mp4, ogg, pdf, permissions, png, properties, rar, txt, xml, zip

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!