The Future of Rising World

• It would be great to have more gather-able vegetative objects. Even if the game does not have any current use for them (i.e. "junk inventory items").

Oh yes, the new version will definitely introduce a lot more plants and other objects :)

At the moment the dungeons are spawning way to frequent if we go in creative one can fly straight down and find a dozen or more

Well, ideally the spawn rate for dungeons would be adjustable in the new version ;) However, currently dungeons can still be difficult to find in survival (if you don't use flymode).

The loot is often times the same and takes the fun out of exploring these dungeons

Unfortunately this is true, and it's really important for us to improve this part with the new version.

For those of us that can't handle the rain for some odd reason can you please add some adjustments for the particles in the world?

What makes rain so "expensive" right now (in terms of performance) is the "depth check" from the point of view of the rain - to make sure it's properly blocked by buildings etc. Unfortunately there isn't much room to improve performance in this regard (in the Java version) :/
    However, rendering works quite different in Unity, so it's difficult to predict the impact of rain in the new version. There is a good chance that we will get better performance in the new version :)

• Whats the status of this big maintenance? 20% complete? 30%? 40%? 50%?

Yesterday, I have bought this game (and I love it, but Im noob :)

I hope you will send more screens!

And sorry for my bad English (I'm a dutchman)

Bye!

Vrokky
    The noob of Rising World

• it would be cool if in the new version there were both standard spiders and larger ones, and in the caves at the depths where they spawn there was a web along which they could move and the player simply passed through and torches burned illuminating the space around them for a while after they were thrown away

• hey 'red51' is it possible to get an update. im craving some Rising World news. hows the process going? going smoothly? better then expected? having issues?

i think i should load up another game and sit in the woods for a while again.

• Whats the status of this big maintenance? 20% complete? 30%? 40%? 50%?

Unfortunately it's difficult to give exact figures ^^ Since we're implementing so much stuff from scratch, it's difficult to predict how long it takes until a certain feature is completed... but we've made great progress so far!

I hope you will send more screens!

That's definitely our intention :) Right now we're still working on "core features" so unfortunately there isn't much we can show about that, but soon we will focus on other things where we can share a lot more screenshots and videos

torches burned illuminating the space around them for a while after they were thrown away

This is actually planned ;)

hey 'red51' is it possible to get an update. im craving some Rising World news. hows the process going? going smoothly? better then expected? having issues?

Well, we've made some great progress in the last months, but there is still a lot of work to do^^ We're happy about the features we've implemented so far - they already feel very polished, and things like the new world generation look very promising (in terms of performance, which enables us to provide larger view distances, for example).

Nevertheless, we will post an announcement with more details about that very soon :)

• Well, we've made some great progress in the last months, but there is still a lot of work to do^^ We're happy about the features we've implemented so far - they already feel very polished, and things like the new world generation look very promising (in terms of performance, which enables us to provide larger view distances, for example).
    Nevertheless, we will post an announcement with more details about that very soon :)

so good to hear. i cant wait to play this new version. i had so much fun in RW. thanks for the update. :)

• How many hours a day, and which days do you guys work on developing Rising World? Also, when do you take breaks? I am very curious!

Currently it's 7 days a week, more or less the whole day (of course that doesn't mean 24 hours non-stop, everyone needs to sleep, eat, take small breaks periodically etc) ;)

• I'm really happy to see that the game rewrite is going well! I appreciate the dedication you have to your game and that you won't abandon it, it really does have so much potential. Can't wait to see more screenshots, they looked beautiful!

Will you make an announcement when the first beta build goes live? I'd love to test it ASAP!

Also, have you considered making a Discord? Having a locked announcements/screenshots text channel would be a great way to get news quick with an @everyone notification, and a lot easier to discuss the game there than on a forum. :)

• Currently it's 7 days a week, more or less the whole day (of course that doesn't mean 24 hours non-stop, everyone needs to sleep, eat, take small breaks periodically etc) ;)

Wow! I speak for everyone when I say, thank you so much for all the hard work and time that you guys have put in this game! I hope that one day, you guys can recruit more Developers, in the result of shorter time in update development! Not saying that having a little group of developers is bad, of course!

• Was just looking through the roadmap on Trello and was wondering about animations for first, second and third person view perspectives. An example would be like swimming, fist fighting fishing off boats or even walking. So what I am asking is will the animations be extended for both Character and NPC alike? When you go swimming your standing up not sure if that's intended but it would be kind of cool to see the character's arms. Could later be used for VR compatibility?

• An example would be like swimming, fist fighting fishing off boats or even walking

Being able to use certain items while sitting on a mount or a boat is planned :)

So what I am asking is will the animations be extended for both Character and NPC alike? When you go swimming your standing up not sure if that's intended but it would be kind of cool to see the character's arms

Unfortunately I can't say much about the animations yet... we will definitely improve them, but we haven't started working on this part so I can't share any details yet...

Could later be used for VR compatibility?

I guess we need to take a completely different approach for VR anyway when it comes to animations ^^

• Will you be introducing a built-in equivalent to the popular plugin pnb by miwarre?

Yes and no :D In the new version, all blocks will be treated as construction elements (i.e. they will be resizeable etc). Effectively, all textures become available for construction elements without having to use commands ^^

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!