Is there a way to assign more ram to the game?

• Because I have kinda low fps since 0.5 I think, and I heard that assigning more ram to Minecraft fixed some performance problems with it? Or does the game already uses all/ sufficient of the ram? (I have 8 Gb in total)

• You are using the Steam version I guess? It already allocates a sufficient amount of ram (I think it was a total of 4 gb when 8 gb are installed). There is a way to assign more memory to it (using launch options "+memory DIRECT HEAP" [without quotation marks]), but be careful with that ;)
    Which version caused lower fps for you?

• Thank you :D But when I use that command in the launch options, the game won't start. Do I have to change some things or actually use just

+memory DIRECT HEAP

?
    I think it was Version 0.5

• You need to replace DIRECT and HEAP with the amount of ram you want to use as directmemory and as heapmemory (e.g. +memory 4096 2048 [to use 4gb directmemory and 2gb heapmemory]). But using this may cause other problems, or assigning too much memory can also cause the game to crash =O

About the version: The game is since Steam release in 0.5 ;)

• You need to replace DIRECT and HEAP with the amount of ram you want to use as directmemory and as heapmemory (e.g. +memory 4096 2048 [to use 4gb directmemory and 2gb heapmemory]).

Thank you, but that did not help, I think, guess memory is not the problem ^^

About the version: The game is since Steam release in 0.5

Ah right. ^^ It should be 0.5.1.4 then ^^ not sure

• Or other question: is it normal, that I only get 10 frames most of the time on 1920X1080 and Highest settings with this system?

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M (Driver is up to date)
    Intel Core i7
    8 Gb ram
    Windows 8.1
    OpenGL-Version: 4.5

Thanks in advance.

• Or other question: is it normal, that I only get 10 frames most of the time on 1920X1080 and Highest settings with this system?

Definitely not normal, as long as the GTX 860M is used (instead of an integrated Intel HD, if available). You can check it out by typing "graphics" into console when you are ingame, then you can see which graphics adapter is used.
    When does it happen exactly? After playing a short time, or directly after gamestart? Or does it happen when walking around for a longer period of time?

• The GTX is definitely used (I checked with that command).
    I set everything to max., loaded a complete new map and recorded it right after it was loaded. The snail internet I have atm is too slow to upload this 10 sec or so >.< , so I am gonna upload it later if needed ^^
    But yeah, I had 10 frames (checked with ingame tool) and even under right from the beginning.
    However, I guess fraps slowed it down a little bit, but not too much actually, since it is the same on my normal map without fraps recording.

I have 90 - 200 frames on "ultra low" (It looks very nice, though not sure if because it does not lagg ^^ )

• I'm afraid you can only try to reduce your settings. I would have expected better frames on that system, but to tell you the truth, haven't checked that configuration previously.
    Things like "light scattering", "ambient occlusion", "refractions" and "detail distance" have the highest impact on performance. I would first try to reduce the detail distance a little bit and see if you get acceptable framerates then ;)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!