Announcement Status Update 2019-11-05: Terrain generation

We've posted a status update with some first screenshots of the new terrain generation. There is also a new update available for the Java version!

• New

@red51 thanks for the updates! But see the following:

Red51 wrote:

[Change] Skeletons die automatically after ~30 hours (making room for new skeletons to spawn)
      Can we change this so invincible skeletons do not die? The reason being is we had several customized/locked skeleton NPCs that disappear after the 30hr mark (grim reaper, gatekeepers etc).
      "The past is history, the future a mystery, but today is a gift, which is why we call it the Present."
    • New

lordaskym wrote:

omg omg omg lol could this be a christmas present? have an experimental version for the new game?
      Hehe, well, that would be awesome, but unfortunately the playable demo isn't ready yet =/ It's still in an too early state any way too unpolished...

lordaskym wrote:

is it possible to get more in depth for crafting and such? more grind in the crafting tree?
      We're definitely going to rewrite the crafting part from scratch. We want to introduce new workbenches and more dependencies (but we want to make sure that crafting doesn't become too grindy).
      However, if you have any specific suggestions about the crafting part, feel free to share them ^^

lordaskym wrote:

and more block shapes
      Yes, there will be some new block shapes in the new version :) But first and foremost, all block shapes will be optionally resizeable (like current planks and beams)

lordaskym wrote:

you really need to set give us your paypal link...i know that more people than just me would like to buy you a coffee or pizza while you work. you rock!
      Hehe, thanks a lot for your support! Unfortunately we don't have any donation links atm... :/

buckshot wrote:

Would be cool if we could manipulated blocks beams etc into all different shapes i.e manipulate the shape of squared blocks etc.
      This sounds interesting, unfortunately I can't say much about that yet... it's our intention to add some special tools to create curved walls, for example, but not sure about how much control we'll get when it comes to individual block shapes.

Juggernaut wrote:

Can we change this so invincible skeletons do not die? The reason being is we had several customized/locked skeleton NPCs that disappear after the 30hr mark (grim reaper, gatekeepers etc).
      Oh, I see. I will add this with the next update, however, unfortunately we have no ETA for the next update... nevertheless, in the meantime, I've created a small plugin which does exactly what you want (prevent invincible npcs from dying due to old age). It's a really lightweight plugin and has no impact on performance (it's only getting active if an npc is about to die). Just extract it into the "plugins" folder of the server and it should do the trick ;) I've also attached the source code here:

Display Spoiler

Java Source Code

1. package net.risingworld.api.example.oldage;
      2. import net.risingworld.api.Plugin;
      3. import net.risingworld.api.events.EventMethod;
      4. import net.risingworld.api.events.Listener;
      5. import net.risingworld.api.events.npc.NpcDeathEvent;
      6. import net.risingworld.api.objects.Npc;
      7. /**
      8. * Prevents old npcs from dying (if they're invincible)
      9. * @author red51
      10. */
      11. public class OldAge extends Plugin implements Listener{
      12. @Override
      13. public void onEnable(){
      14. //Register EventListener (this class)
      15. registerEventListener(this);
      16. }
      17. @Override
      18. public void onDisable(){
      19. //...
      20. }
      21. /**
      22. * This event method is called everytime an npc dies
      23. * @param event The npc death event, which provides information about the npc which
      24. * died as well as information about the cause - here we want to check if the
      25. * npc died due to its age
      26. */
      27. @EventMethod
      28. public void OnNpcDeath(NpcDeathEvent event){
      29. //Check if npc dies due to the old age
      30. if(event.getCause() == NpcDeathEvent.Cause.OldAge){
      31. Npc npc = event.getNpc();
      32. //Check if npc is invincible
      33. if(npc != null && npc.isInvincible()){
      34. //Reset age to 0 (so it takes some time until this event will be triggered again)...
      35. npc.setAge(0);
      36. //...and cancel the event (to prevent the npc from dying)
      37. event.setCancelled(true);
      38. }
      39. }
      40. }
      41. }
      Display All
      Files
      • OldAge.zip

(1.55 kB, downloaded 8 times, last: )

The post was edited 1 time, last by red51: Fixed typo ^^ ().

• New

red51 wrote:

lordaskym wrote:

you really need to set give us your paypal link...i know that more people than just me would like to buy you a coffee or pizza while you work. you rock!
      Hehe, thanks a lot for your support! Unfortunately we don't have any dontation links atm... :/
      :D :D "DONTation links" lol :P What a pity, I would definitely spend some money, too ;) Unfortunately I don't have so many friends or family members to buy the game for them ... So if you ever change the "DONTation link" to a "DO donate link", please let us know ^^ :thumbsup:

Ach wie schön ist's, nichts zu tun, und nach dem Nichtstun auszuruh'n :P

frei nach bk-luebeck.eu/zitate-zille.html
    • Users Online 1

1 Guest