Dedicated Server on linux need help!

We've posted a status update with some first screenshots of the new terrain generation. There is also a new update available for the Java version!

• Dedicated Server on linux need help!

New

Hi All!
    I created a server with rising world on debain 9 x64 linux, installed it through an automatic script from gsmarena. The server starts, but it is not visible in the list of servers from the game client ... But you can connect to it through the command connect + IP address. I use standard ports and opened on my router 4254-4259 tcp + udp.
    What could be the problem? help advice
  • New

Can you maybe post the IP here (or alternatively send it via PM to me)? If the server is running I can check if the master server can find this server :)
    Where is the server missing exactly? In the Steam client, or the ingame server list?

Esmertec wrote:

Server_lan_mod-false, as I understand it, this option enables visibility on the local network or on the Internet?
    That's just a setting for Steam and should only be set to true if you just want to play via LAN. So "false" is indeed the correct setting here ;)
  • New

red51 wrote:

Can you maybe post the IP here (or alternatively send it via PM to me)? If the server is running I can check if the master server can find this server :)
    Where is the server missing exactly? In the Steam client, or the ingame server list?

Esmertec wrote:

Server_lan_mod-false, as I understand it, this option enables visibility on the local network or on the Internet?
    That's just a setting for Steam and should only be set to true if you just want to play via LAN. So "false" is indeed the correct setting here ;)
    the server is not visible in the steam client, the list of servers ..
    234.png
  • New

Thanks for the screenshot ;) It looks like the server is bound to the local ip (192.168.x.x). If you want the server to show up in the server list, you have to bind it to your public/internet ip instead (see the "server_ip" setting in the server.properties file). Alternatively you can leave the "server_ip" field blank, then the server binds to all addresses.
  • New

red51 wrote:

Thanks for the screenshot ;) It looks like the server is bound to the local ip (192.168.x.x). If you want the server to show up in the server list, you have to bind it to your public/internet ip instead (see the "server_ip" setting in the server.properties file). Alternatively you can leave the "server_ip" field blank, then the server binds to all addresses.
    yes, I did just that, statically registered an IP address, both in OS settings and in server.properties. If the server_ip field is left blank, then the following error will occur during server debug (see screenshot)
    23.png
    if you specify all ip in server.properties, debuging stops in the next step
    12.png
    -> java.net.BindException: Unable to assign the requested address (translate to eng)
  • New

The 2nd message indicates that Steam is unable to bind to that ip... which indicates the server (or at least Steam) isn't able to "see" this ip... is that the actual public IP of the server, or does the server perform some sort of IP translation (NAT)? Can you upload a full server log (or alternatively send it via PM to me)?
  • New

red51 wrote:

The 2nd message indicates that Steam is unable to bind to that ip... which indicates the server (or at least Steam) isn't able to "see" this ip... is that the actual public IP of the server, or does the server perform some sort of IP translation (NAT)? Can you upload a full server log (or alternatively send it via PM to me)?
    this is a public ip, on the same ip I have my web site, the address is not behind the nat server...
    debug.log server:
    debug_log.txt