Server reccomendations Hosted or Steamcmd?

• Hello all first off i want to say how much i enjoyed this game myself and my friends are upwards of 600 plus hours in it. I have been to several hosting providers and it seems when we create game worlds they are large and resource rich. We have no luck finding a provider that not only updates the files in a timely fashion but where we dont bog down the servers. So my question is this i run a fairly decent system and would like to know how easy it is to install and run our own server (windows server) on our own machines. I downloaded and installed steamcmd however i am stuck at this point . I have tried running the commands as per the pinned steamcmd post above but the cmd does not recognize that command? So i am not sure what i should be doing at this point is there an updated easy step by step guide on setting up the server for beginners? I have not done this before. Rising world would be the "only" game i would like to host.I am not able to download the game server files through cmd with the commands listed on the forum?

I appreciate any tips guide on this. Or if one has an affordable option that doesn't cost over 50 bucks a month without a guarantee that the server doesn't bog down. We have tried viilayer (terrible) ( Zap too expensive same issue ) . and nitrado same issue bogs down with max server settings they offer. Again we like big cities / maps lots of buildings and posters within game.

I really want to enjoy this game without lag and bog so i am hoping if i can get the steamcmd sorted we can run it on our own machines but i would appreciate some guidance on how to do that best. Thanks alot

• GTX has a cheep reliable service. I had mine for 4 pounds sterling or about 6 dollars US per month for a 12 slot server there are cheeper as well as more expensive plans. I believe I had 2 gig of ram available for my server and it did run rather steady. They do not update you server for you but there is a simple button to push that does the trick when updating is needed. Hope this helps. My server was hosted in cannada on the east coast and seemed to have good ping for most players.

• When you rent a lot of it depends on how far you are from the server and at times I think where the moon is. :D
    On SteamCMD where do you get stuck? I was able to download and run the steamCMD before without to much trouble. The biggest trouble I had was opening ports etc.
    Might be a silly question but are you running the commands as admin? You might want to find CMD right click run as admin.
    The easy way to get to the folder is to open it up and copy the path.
    Go to the command box and type in cd.. until you only see c:\> then paste the path in.
    Run the commands from there.
    Need anything else just ask.
    BTW I rent form GTX and if you whine a bit :D:D you might not get lugged down so much.
    Plus you can choose you city to play from.

DEATH AND DESTRUCTION PVP
    192.154.229.151:4255

• Yes i have had servers as close as la in the us ( im on the west coast of canada? and also in montreal didnt seem to make a difference. Im stuck in steamcmd with what command to enter to download and install the server files and what steps to take to set it up and get it running.Im in cmd i have to add that my steam library is on a external drive so are all my games including rising world. Just dont know where to go from here. I tried the command listed in the pinned post and it doesnt accept that?

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • ;)
    • :(
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • :verysad:
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • :crazy:
    • :lol:
    • :dizzy:
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :thinking:
    • :wacko:
    • :/
    • 8)
    • :wat:
    • :huh:
    • :silenced:
    • :wow:
    • 8|
    • :angry:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :hushed:
    • :nerd:
    • :saint:
    • :drooling:
    • :love:
    • :monocle:
    • :poo:
    • :party:
    • :drunk:
    • <3
    • :!:
    • :?:
    The maximum number of attachments: 10
    Maximum File Size: 1 MB
    Allowed extensions: 7z, avi, bmp, dds, gif, jpeg, jpg, json, log, lua, mp3, mp4, ogg, pdf, permissions, png, properties, rar, txt, xml, zip

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!