The game closes by itself

• Hi @Red,

I built a house with some grids and paste some elaborated furniture, the thing is that I once that I got a blueprint and tried to paste it on a new game, first, I got mouse lag and then, the game closes by itself.

I already got the explanation about the error log but I don't know what is going on with the blueprint.

I attach both files to you.

Thank you!

• Thanks for the error log! Unfortunately this a native crash which is caused by the underlying physics engine :( It looks like this happens if chunks with lots of construction elements are modified or if blueprints are placed which contain lots of construction elements...
    Do you always run into this crash when placing a blueprint? Does it also happen if you place the blueprint in a new, empty world?

I was able to place the blueprint in question, but the physics-crash seems to be a random issue anyway :|

• Do you always run into this crash when placing a blueprint? Does it also happen if you place the blueprint in a new, empty world?

It runs into this crash when placing a blueprint once in a while and in particular with this one.

What it called my attention are two things:

1)- Yes, it crashed when I placed this blueprint in a new, normal, with plants world.

2)- Right after I almost finish my building, I got a blueprint and placed it in a flat, desert, no plants, empty world for polishing and I got to reduce the size (423KB) and it worked fine.

But, when I tried to place it in a new, normal, with plants world, and I tried to get a new blueprint, it increased the size considerably, started with mouse lag and it was gone. (Both worlds kept animals, dungeons, and caves).

Also, I recorded the blueprints without terrain, but, it seems that terrain matters.

@Red, I thank you for your fast response. I appreciate it. :)

• Thanks for the infos! One more thing: If you open the config.properties file in your game directory with a text editor, what's the value of game_blueprint_include_vegetation? It looks like it's causing quite some trouble if it's set to true ?( In case it's set to true, please try to set it to false and see if you still experience any crashes :)

• O 8o o!

I turned it false the game_blueprint_include_vegetation option, I pasted the blueprint on a flat, desert, no plants world and I was able to walk through with less mouse lag and remain there, (no crash), I got a new blueprint and it reduced considerably the size from 424 KB to 370 KB.

I have a question, what would be the impact if I turn false the air? What is for the air inside of a house?

On the other hand, I blue printed it now (with the conditions described before) and pasted into a normal (new) world, I got a new blueprint and it doubled the size again (to 710KB), so what it makes me think that the terrain matters or it is recording something else.

Thank you for all your support @Red, I appreciate it.

:thumbup:

• I'm glad to hear that disabling vegetation helped :thumbup:

I have a question, what would be the impact if I turn false the air? What is for the air inside of a house?

Well, basically this option is only useful when blueprinting underground structures (like caves). It's similar to the "include terrain" option, except that it only includes air blocks. If you already include terrain in your blueprints, there is no need to have the air option enabled ;)

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • ;)
    • :(
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • :verysad:
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • :crazy:
    • :lol:
    • :dizzy:
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :thinking:
    • :wacko:
    • :/
    • 8)
    • :wat:
    • :huh:
    • :silenced:
    • :wow:
    • 8|
    • :angry:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :hushed:
    • :nerd:
    • :saint:
    • :drooling:
    • :love:
    • :monocle:
    • :poo:
    • :party:
    • :drunk:
    • <3
    • :!:
    • :?:
    The maximum number of attachments: 10
    Maximum File Size: 1 MB
    Allowed extensions: 7z, avi, bmp, dds, gif, jpeg, jpg, json, log, lua, mp3, mp4, ogg, pdf, permissions, png, properties, rar, txt, xml, zip

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!