Survey results

A big new update is now available, introducing biomes, caves and much more!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.0.3 (2024-02-21)
  • Ok, I know I'm really knew to this game (only had it a week), and only started this site yesterday but. I have a suggestion for the devs and the … congregation??? If I can call us that. Us being those that have and play RW and are members of this site. So if I should put this some where else, please let me know.

I see that I just missed a survey that you all took. Based on that survey, and some of my opinion, I think the devs should continue to concentrate on improving and expanding on the environment. More "plants" and their aspects. i.e. Aloe Vera can be used to make a salve for healing burns, etc. More animals, npcs (people) and of course flowing water, etc.

Then, maybe, the rest of us could group up into those that want modern stuff in the game, or medieval stuff, or fantasy style "magic", more monsters, etc. and make Blueprints and plugin "packs" to share with all players. Kind f like the TerraFirma group for Minecraft is doing. ???

• in my very beginning I also was a bit irritated by the mix of medieval and new technology. Would it be possible to have an option where players can select "medieval/magic", "tech", "both" where the game then limits (or not) what the player can craft/use? For example when selecting "medieval/magic" I would not be able to produce electric items, chainsaws, guns and ore detector or use the miners helmet with the lamp.

I agree that this can be confusing, although I think the biggest issue is the unstructured crafting menu. For the new version, it's our intention to sort the recipes and move them to proper workbenches - for instance, there could be a "low tier workbench" (which would be the only craftable workbench after spawning) where you can only craft medieval items, and another, higher tier workbench (which would be craftable somewhere mid-game) where you can craft more modern tools, then maybe another workbench like the current tier II workbench etc. If all recipes are assigned to proper workbenches, it would be much easier to restrict the game to certain epoches. Of course we also need a lot more items, especially proper medieval counterparts of some modern tools.

If you plan on doing flowing water, can you add rivers and streams to the world generator?

Implementing proper rivers is always quite tricky in a voxel world, so unfortunately I can't say much about that yet... probably I can share more information once we've started working on water ;)

More "plants" and their aspects. i.e. Aloe Vera can be used to make a salve for healing burns, etc.

More plants and vegetation is planned, this also includes specific plants which would be used as crafting ingredient, but unfortunately I can't say much about that yet ^^

• for instance, there could be a "low tier workbench" (which would be the only craftable workbench after spawning) where you can only craft medieval items, and another, higher tier workbench (which would be craftable somewhere mid-game)

Well, THIS sounds VERY good :) Thank you :D

• I don't know if I understood correctly but I think Red was suggesting that the game could incorporate these ideas and allow players to stop at certain 'tiers' of crafting table etc Rather than having separate packs so as I allow maximum options for users who want to play with all content?

Both ideas sound good though! Can't wait!

Nyt.

• red51

Closed the thread.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!