Hosting a multiplayer game

• On a Windows Server with connection problems this helps: (helped for me)

I made inbound rules for the specified Ports, that is not working, unless you make a rule for the java in the path C:\Windows\SysWOW64

My Server: Windows 2012

• Hello Guys.
    I'm new to the forum, and I created the server Rising World Brazil ... anyway ... I'm migrating this same server to a new server in Brazil, for we will be much better in the low ping.
    My question is that when the server generate the authentication problem, I would like to know what to do.
    Some steps already made:
    Open the doors as requested and 4259 4255
    The server has no antivirus, firewall only for test deactivated but the problem still continues.
    I appreciate the support, excuse my bad English (google) and long live the Rising World. :)
    follow my log.

• @DedoFull: What authentication problem do you mean exactly? Are players unable to connect to your server (getting kicked with an authentication error), or do you refer to the "Unable to authenticate server" in the log?

Hello Red51
    Is the server it is not signing, I own the same dedicated server hosted in the us, same configuration, the end pops up the message: INFO: Server successfully authenticated.
    And in this new server, it does not authenticate the end pops up the message: WARNING: Unable to authenticate Server!
    With that I can't create the server does not appear in the list, since the first (USA) was normal.
    On the new server, is released the doors as explained exactly the same, including squeegee until a server of TeamSpeack all normal except the server of the Rising World. :(

• @DedoFull: Is the http port forwarded (server port - 1, so by default it is port 4254)? ;) Otherwise you will get the "Unable to authenticate Server" message and the server won't appear in the serverlist.

SOLVED!
    I don't know what happened, but when I ran the Server authenticated normally, everything right and everything running normally.
    With PING excellent! :)
    Thank you for your attention! And long live the Rising World!

• Hello,

i cant find a list with commands for the dedicated linux server? How can i stop the server? try "stop", "shutdown", "halt" on server console (not ingame) - nothing show any reaction.
    I run my server with Debian 64bit Jessie and jdk1.8.0_65 from Oracle. Install the Server with steamcmd:

/home/steam/steamcmd/steamcmd.sh +login STEAMUSER +force_install_dir /home/steam/steamcmd/risingworld/ +app_update 339010 +quit

Server runs great, but i stop the server with "STRG + c".

• Out of curiosity, what does the game use that requires UDP?

EDIT:

I pushed Java 8 as the new default, ported over the world folder...after having to use chown and then landed it up and everything is running great. I appreciate all of the help. Does anyone have script already created that does daily restarts? I know it's recommended, guess I could whip up something on my own.

• Can anyone point me to a video ( in english ) that shows how to do all steps of set up I have done as much as I can and the server still doesnt show up in game I have no errors that I can see when launching the server tool

• did you add your ip to the properties file ? if so just remove it and leave that blank

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Hi There,

im trying to play on my world using the LAN process for my seed I created in Sungle player.... I open single pllayer, hilight the world i want and hit the red "Open for Lan" button.

Upon giving my friend my Ip address he si unable to get in... it just sits on a constant loop saying "connecting"...

Can i please get some more detailed info on how to make the LAN thing work pls?

• @PhillR: When starting a LAN game it's basically the same as running a server on your local machine (as described here). So you either have to forward your ports in your router, use an IPv6 address, or an additional program like Tunngle or Hamachi ;)

• Hey,

I can't open the server file... I've re-installing Java, opening it with C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_91\bin\Java, \Javaw, \Javaws\ \Javacpl... It won't open at all. Not even a busy curser icon... The most that happens is on Javaws, I think it is, CMD will pop up for a second then turn off.

What's that about? Any help?

• Hey,

I can't open the server file... I've re-installing Java, opening it with C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_91\bin\Java, \Javaw, \Javaws\ \Javacpl... It won't open at all. Not even a busy curser icon... The most that happens is on Javaws, I think it is, CMD will pop up for a second then turn off.

What's that about? Any help?

what os are you running and did this work before ? do you have any server logs for us also

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Nah mate, literally just downloaded to check it out. Never used it before, no idea what the UI even looks like. Windows 10.

There is currently no gui available for the dedicated server* It's not recommendable to start the server by double-clicking on the .jar, this way it will basically just run in the background (have a look in your taskmanager if there is a process called "java" or "javaw").
    Instead it's better to use the startscript to start the server (on Windows, it's the "win_startscript.bat"), just execute it by double-clicking on it, it automatically takes care of memory assignment (it uses the server_memory value in the server.properties file) and also opens a command prompt which shows the output of the server ;)

*Although there is no gui for the server, you can use the RCON tool (which provides a gui) to manage your server

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!