Hosting a multiplayer game

• How do you join a lan server?

If you want to join via LAN, i.e. all persons are in the same network, or in other words, in the same household, just connect to the local IP of the host (Multiplayer -> Connect to IP). To get the local IP, the host can - for example - press [Windowskey] + R, type "cmd" (w/o quot. marks) and enter "ipconfig" (the local IP is the "IPv4-Address", usually it looks like "192.168.x.x").

However, if you want to play over the Internet, you can either use a program like Tunngle or Hamachi, or alternatively the host has to forward his ports in the router (see the first post in this topic). You have to connect to his Internet IP then, to get it, the host can visit a page like http://ipv4.whatismyv6.com/

• The open for lan button is red and does not change when clicked, is this normal?

• So if I just click open in lan my friend can just join my ip?

If both of you are in the same household (i.e. you are in the same local network): Yes. But if you want to play over internet, a few additional steps are necessary.

The open for lan button is red and does not change when clicked, is this normal?

You have to select a world in the list first, then you can press the red LAN button in order to host the LAN session. If you haven't created any worlds yet, you have to do that first ;)

• My server is running perfectly but I was wondering how I can get it in the server list in the game.
    Is there a form I need to submit my ip/domain to?

• My server is running perfectly but I was wondering how I can get it in the server list in the game.
    Is there a form I need to submit my ip/domain to?

the server will be auto added you wont need to do a thing. but note if your using the same internet connection as your server is on then you often dont see your own server in the list, but other players outside will see it fine.

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • the server will be auto added you wont need to do a thing. but note if your using the same internet connection as your server is on then you often dont see your own server in the list, but other players outside will see it fine.

I can't seem to be able to verify my server is in the game list.
    I turned off all filters for the list and am connecting through a VPN (Which effectively should make it seem I'm connecting from outside my LAN) but don't see the server in the list.

To be complete with the information:
    I'm running the server on a 2nd pc through my home internet connection behind a router.
    I have forwarded the required ports and can connect to my server when I'm using a VPN on my desktop (a different computer from the server).
    However, I noticed I can't ping my home ip when I'm on vpn and I can do that when I'm not connected through vpn. Not sure if this is important?

If you want to try connecting yourself you can try this domain: terranova-risingworld.duckdns.org
    That should resolve to my home ip

• if your inside your own network lan then to connect to your own server you can type the servers lan ip address along with the port into the box that says connect to ip oO the lan address would look something like this 192.168.1.1:4255

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • if your inside your own network lan then to connect to your own server you can type the servers lan ip address along with the port into the box that says connect to ip oO the lan address would look something like this 192.168.1.1:4255

Hm, how is this reply relevant?
    I already mentioned that connecting works fine. Both from inside my LAN and when accessing from the internet.
    My issue is that the server isn't showing up in the in-game server list.

• @resurge

ive explained above that if you connect to your sever from the same ip you may not see your server in the list, but other players do, if your connecting from another ip address outside of your own and don't see your server in the list try to refresh the list if still no luck, then report that to red51 by making a new post, for the info i provided, it was just letting you know the simple and best way to connect to your own server as this way will have the best ping as your connection dose not need a vpn to connect to your own network. maybe you know this IDK but i provided this info anyway.

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • @resurge

ive explained above that if you connect to your sever from the same ip you may not see your server in the list, but other players do, if your connecting from another ip address outside of your own and don't see your server in the list try to refresh the list if still no luck, then report that to red51 by making a new post, for the info i provided, it was just letting you know the simple and best way to connect to your own server as this way will have the best ping as your connection dose not need a vpn to connect to your own network. maybe you know this IDK but i provided this info anyway.

Aah, I see :)
    Thanks for the help.

I don't know anyone else with the game so I had to figure out something where I could access my server from an external IP myself.
    Hence the VPN.

But I'll make a new thread then.

• Hello, I still have problems to play with friends in lan red, attach screen modem, and firewall, I hope to do well

your ports should be 4253 to 4259 <---- you should be able to setup just one line to do all 7 ports needed if not your missing the ones between oO

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • all? formerly only used those due..4254 4259
    include in all firewall?
    tcp-- udp ---in --- out local and remote?
    modem is ok?

when you have your modem line set to ALL this means all ports from low number to high number are unblocked you have set yours to 4254 to 4254 you only need to do one line with 4254 - 4259

My Own Website

31245-logo-png

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!