[ Request ] Clean entire building area with one sweep!

• As the title says it I would like someone to make a script where you can select your entire area and remove it so you don't have to destroy it one by one. I would take a look at the area protection script maybe just modify that so it can remove all the objects in that red area instead of creating it :).

• Well I am saying a lot of people build these big houses but then decide they don't like that location and want to move so they get annoyed destroying it brick by brick. I'm looking forward to the next update hopefully its a good one :).

• The new world functions for LUA will be available with the next update :) They are pretty useful to cleanup old areas (remove all objects, constructions, vegetations and blocks inside the area), to flatten the ground or to fill up holes in the terrain. We will also update the AreaProtection script by those new functions.
    It should be quite helpful for serveradmins, but since LUA scripts also work in singleplayer, it could be useful for bigger projects (the upcoming "real" creative mode will feature similar functions btw., but in a more handy way).

See some examples of filling up an area with dirt, or with air:

• Nice work red! yeah I hope this to be a function in game (for creative mode) instead of an outside script like a mod.. if that makes sense. At some point of course, not next update if not possible. Thanks man!

Maybe this could even be useful with in game computers at some point... not sure how.. just planting a seed. ;)

Haste is the enemy of knowledge.

Edited once, last by ZaCormyr ().

• Nice work red! yeah I hope this to be a function in game (for creative mode) instead of an outside script like a mod.. if that makes sense. At some point of course, not next update if not possible. Thanks man!

Maybe this could even be useful with in game computers at some point... not sure how.. just planting a seed. ;)

The game should come with pre-existing LUA scripts. At the moment (version 0.5) there's no script provided. I am not in favour of having these functionalities "built-in", but the game should provide an extensive API so more scripts can be written and, ultimately, be community driven.

• The game should come with pre-existing LUA scripts. At the moment (version 0.5) there's no script provided. I am not in favour of having these functionalities "built-in", but the game should provide an extensive API so more scripts can be written and, ultimately, be community driven.

We currently offer the AreaProtection script, which prevents griefers from destroying stuff on "your land" ;) We're also preparing our wiki, which will contain an overview of all LUA events and functions, that should make LUA scripting for the game much easier^^

• I dont get what he means by there are no scripts provided If he looked there are at least 2 main scripts right now that will help and improve servers. There's the AreaProtection Script that Red mention and another one called Z-Script that acts like the source plugin for valve games. Just gives you more advanced Admin Tools like banning and server announcements and soon. Another one similar to Z-Script called h0tstuff Script! Money Script to give players money not sure if its still in the works or still working have not tested it yet...As I read the translate for the money script it is in brainstorm/idea mode still I am sure it will happen by someone eventually.

• Yes, and I'm sure that when the wiki will be released the script's community is going to do a lot of great thing, IMAO. And Zigvt85, actually, Zcript is similar to h0tstuff more than the opposite, I've based my work 100% on h0tstuff ^^ For the monet system, that is going to be super interesting ! It could be a really great tool !

• I don't want all scripts included in the game. But some things, IMO, would be good to have built in. Of course the community will be able to go crazy with scripting/modding etc.. But not everyone wants to, or should, mess with getting scripts to work. Even if it's copy and paste a file into a folder. This game, like Minecraft, will draw a lot of kids IMO. Some might be up for some scripting use, but most will just mess things up and get frustrated.. then post how the game sucks etc... lol

;)

• I don't want all scripts included in the game. But some things, IMO, would be good to have built in. Of course the community will be able to go crazy with scripting/modding etc.. But not everyone wants to, or should, mess with getting scripts to work. Even if it's copy and paste a file into a folder. This game, like Minecraft, will draw a lot of kids IMO. Some might be up for some scripting use, but most will just mess things up and get frustrated.. then post how the game sucks etc... lol

I'm afraid that's true :/ But delivering the scripts with the game (e.g. zipped, which still requires you to unzip the archive) does not help in that case I guess, unless they are preinstalled. But if we are really talking about "kids", at least those who get upset when not everything works instantly, they still don't know the commands to use the AreaProtection script for example, or any other script. And they will probably have problems setting up a dedicated server at all...

• I'm afraid that's true But delivering the scripts with the game (e.g. zipped, which still requires you to unzip the archive) does not help in that case I guess, unless they are preinstalled. But if we are really talking about "kids", at least those who get upset when not everything works instantly, they still don't know the commands to use the AreaProtection script for example, or any other script. And they will probably have problems setting up a dedicated server at all...

Haha you have a point there. I was thinking more for single player. Anyways, it is what it is... can't please everyone I suppose eh

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!