new unity version will not launch despite meeting requirements

A big new update is now available, introducing biomes, caves and much more!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.0.3 (2024-02-21)
  • it just shows a black screen while the cursor spins forever. always ends in "program not responding" my computer seems to not like ur unity version :P

gonna be disappointed if ill have to miss out on future updates, X(;( maybe its a bug. running windows 10 if that helps any im not too tech savy but i know how to find my specs if i need to:monocle:

• If Arakara tip didnt do anything you can also you can try (if your using the steam version) is to verify the game files / make sure all windows updates & graphic cards drivers are up to date.

To verify the game files just right click Rising World in your steam library / Properties / Local files, and click on verify integrity of game files

If all else fails just uninstall and reinstall!

• It always helps us to help you if you provide at least a basic list of hardware specs of your PC/Laptop.

Laptop/Desktop? What CPU (Intel or AMD and what model/speed)? What Video Card (Nvidia, AMD or integrated Intel)? How much RAM installed (8GB, 16GB, 32GB)? Which OS you running (Windows, Linux, MAC)?? Is it a brand named computer? If so, Make and Model number? Custom built PC?

If you are not able to easily identify your specs, install and run CPU-Z (free and safe), it will scan and detect what hardware you are running and you can relay that information back over to us: https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

Otherwise, we can't really help you unless you provide more information so we can narrow down the issue.

Remember, the new Unity version uses a different game engine which requires a bit more power from your PC than the Java version (Video Card in particular).

"The past is history, the future a mystery, but today is a gift, which is why we call it the Present."

• Some hardware infos - as mentioned by Juggernaut - would be very helpful :) Please also have a look if there is a log file available. To get to the logs folder, press your Windowskey + R and type %APPDATA%/../LocalLow/JIW-Games/Rising World - there should be a file called "Player.log". If there is such a file, please upload it here (or send it via PM to me or via mail to support@jiw-games.net)

• Operating System

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

CPU

Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.20GHz

Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology

RAM

8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (11-11-11-28)

Motherboard

Dell Inc. 0T10XW (CPU 1)

Graphics

onn. TV (1280x720@59Hz)

Intel HD Graphics (Dell)

Storage

465GB Seagate ST3500641AS (SATA )

Optical Drives

TSSTcorp DVD-ROM SN-108BB

Audio

Conexant SmartAudio HD

MY SPECS

for those that know what any of this means. in the mean time ill try the things suggested

and mr dev i will try to find the logs if i can lol its weird i can fix a computer hardware wise but for some reason the actual inner workings of a computer stump me

• Thanks for the hardware specs! The integrated graphics adapter is apparently an Intel HD Graphics 2500, which isn't capable of running the new version (in fact that graphics adapter wouldn't even be compatible with the Java version). The game requires at least an NVIDIA GTX 650 Ti, or more precisely, a graphics card which has a score of at least 2500 on PassMark: https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu_list.php

Do you also have an additional, dedicated graphics card?

If there is a Player.log file available (as described above), that would be very helpful :)

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • ;)
    • :(
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • :verysad:
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • :crazy:
    • :lol:
    • :dizzy:
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :thinking:
    • :wacko:
    • :/
    • 8)
    • :wat:
    • :huh:
    • :silenced:
    • :wow:
    • 8|
    • :angry:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :hushed:
    • :nerd:
    • :saint:
    • :drooling:
    • :love:
    • :monocle:
    • :poo:
    • :party:
    • :drunk:
    • <3
    • :!:
    • :?:
    The maximum number of attachments: 10
    Maximum File Size: 1 MB
    Allowed extensions: 7z, avi, bmp, dds, gif, jpeg, jpg, json, log, lua, mp3, mp4, ogg, pdf, permissions, png, properties, rar, txt, xml, zip

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!