Dedicated Servers

• I did have an IP listed in the server_ip and I deleted it and that seem to have fixed it. However, how long will it take before the server is showing up?

Usually servers show up within 1 minute, but in some situations it may take up to 5 minutes. But make sure it is reachable from the internet: If the server is behind a router, it's necessary to forward the ports, as described in my second last post.

• I went into my router settings...does this look correct?

"Port triggering" is usually not sufficient (depending on the type of router you have), you have to set up Port forwarding rules instead. Make sure to forward ports 4254, 4255, 4256, 4257, 4258 and 4259 TCP and UDP.

After setting forwarding the ports, you can find out if it works by starting the server, then entering the ports in question on this page: https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

• "Port triggering" is usually not sufficient (depending on the type of router you have), you have to set up Port forwarding rules instead. Make sure to forward ports 4254, 4255, 4256, 4257, 4258 and 4259 TCP and UDP.

After setting forwarding the ports, you can find out if it works by starting the server, then entering the ports in question on this page: https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

I found the port forwarding section and here is the ports set up: Also, is the IP address correct? It wont let me put in my normal IP address, so I put in a router IP address. I started the server and then tried the tool you supplied and it still says they are all closed.

• I found the port forwarding section and here is the ports set up: Also, is the IP address correct? It wont let me put in my normal IP address, so I put in a router IP address. I started the server and then tried the tool you supplied and it still says they are all closed.

Launch Powershell, then type ipconfig then press enter. It'll look something like this and you are looking for the IPv4 Address of the device hosting the RW server, which is highlighted as seen in my screenshot. Forward the ports to the IP of the device hosting the RW server. (This is assuming you are hosting the RW server on a Windows Device)

Additionally, I'd do port-range forwarding if your router supports it (4253-4259). You may also want to check Windows Firewall and allow the ports, incoming and outgoing, there.

• Hi Xantequia, your server should be set with a static IP. Otherwise whenever you restart your server or the DHCP (dynamic address) lease time runs out your server will get a new IP address. And your port forwarding will fail.

The Internal IP on the Port Forwarding section of your router is your private subnets static server IP.

Go onto your server, launch a run box and type ncpa.cpl and press enter. This will get you into your network connections. Right click on your network go to Properties, click on TCP/IPv4, click Properties and make sure your allocate an *free* IP address (if you haven't already). (you can ping it before to see if it exists if not (cmd -> ping chosen IP - eg. ping 192.168.0.50) if no reply you know it's free. (Unless you've set devices with no ping reply policies, but I doubt that is the case...).

If indeed 192.168.0.100 is your routers IP (Default gateway) you should have a setting similar to:

You can obtain DNS server addresses automatically, but these come from your ISP and are slow. So I use:

Quad9 DNS is a free security DNS service. :thumbup:

Quad8 DNS is Google's open DNS service. Google owned and analysed X( but fast.

[ And yes, my LAN is called `Network Not Found` :crazy: ]

You basically have to Port Forward, as private subnets 10 / 192 are special none-routable subnets. Meaning they can't route public internet packs without the router forwarding the packets. The router will have an external (publicly routable) IP.

I would steer clear of 172 addresses myself as they are no longer "true" private subnet addresses. As since 2012 ARIN (IP allocation authority) has allocated ranges of the172 address space to content providers and therefore can cause issues when used on certain ranges.

Incoming ports are important to open up on your firewall too. firewall.cpl from run box (assuming you are using the built in firewall... which less face it is good enough).

Outgoing ports are usually open by default, as the connection attempt is made from within the trust zone. I.e. you trust yourself. I mean, why wouldn't you?

Blocking Outgoing ports only helps limit what damage can be done after a system is already compromised. Generally speaking people who compromise networks don't adhere to good practices, and they'll probably just hook up on ports 80 and 443 (HTTP and HTTPS) so again... paying for an firewall that blocks outgoing ports (Norton 365 I'm looking at you :monocle:) is just a bit of a con.

I'm going a little off on a tangent :wat: ... best of luck :thumbup:

• If you have the regular Steam client installed (and if you own the game on Steam), you can also find the dedicated server under "Tools" where you can just download and run it through Steam :)

However, if you want to set up the server via SteamCMD, this thread contains a few more information about that: Set up a server with SteamCMD

I too am moron when it comes to SteamCMD. I tried to install and run it, but it downloaded ARK files because the Ark server manage uses SteamCMD for its operation. I own the gam on my Game server, and tried installing the dedicated server from tools. It only seams to have installed the Java version, and doesn't even want to run. How do I get it to run the Unity version by default installing from Steam? Also, the app ID in that version says 324080

• mookie If you want to download the server for the new version from the Steam client (under "Tools"), make sure to select the correct beta branch first. To do that, rightclick on the server in your Steam client -> Properties -> Betas -> select "unity" and close the window. If the Java version of the server was already installed, I'd recommend to uninstall it first, then select the beta branch and download the new server ;)

This post contains more information about the dedicated server setup for the new version: Dedicated Server Setup [New Version]

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • ;)
    • :(
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • :verysad:
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • :crazy:
    • :lol:
    • :dizzy:
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :thinking:
    • :wacko:
    • :/
    • 8)
    • :wat:
    • :huh:
    • :silenced:
    • :wow:
    • 8|
    • :angry:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :hushed:
    • :nerd:
    • :saint:
    • :drooling:
    • :love:
    • :monocle:
    • :poo:
    • :party:
    • :drunk:
    • <3
    • :!:
    • :?:
    The maximum number of attachments: 10
    Maximum File Size: 1 MB
    Allowed extensions: 7z, avi, bmp, dds, gif, jpeg, jpg, json, log, lua, mp3, mp4, ogg, pdf, permissions, png, properties, rar, txt, xml, zip

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!