Superseded plug-ins?

• (Incidentally, I now have the health and the time to play RW again; not too much yet, but thanks to Sammwise, SquishCorg and the Planet X folk for luring me in again!)

Not sure if this fit here or in the "New Version" section, but I assume from other threads that:

1. The PlanksAndBeams (a.k.a. PnB) plug-in (or equivalent) will be useless in the new version. given the new construction system.
    2. Will the new version include an Area Protection feature already or will a plug-in like AP still be useful?
    3. Same for the GPS plug-in.

Correct? Thanks!

(Of course, I think about my own plug-ins first, but the topic may be expanded)

• Welcome back Miwarre, it's good to see you again :):thumbup:

The PlanksAndBeams (a.k.a. PnB) plug-in (or equivalent) will be useless in the new version. given the new construction system.

Yes, unfortunately the PnB plugin won't be really compatible with the new version (since textures and related items are different). But there is indeed no need for such a plugin anymore, because the new version treats every block as construction element, and they can already be crafted with any texture.

Will the new version include an Area Protection feature already or will a plug-in like AP still be useful?

It is our intention to add a basic protection feature to the core game, but currently this has a low priority. Having a plugin for that would still be useful if you ask me. Your AP plugin will mostly stay compatible with the new version btw (except some smaller changes ofc).

Same for the GPS plug-in.

We want to add a feature to the vanilla game which allows the player to set custom teleport points. Considering the GPS plugin is also doing some additional things, it could still be useful in the new version. I'd recommend to wait until the teleport feature is implemented before making any decisions about this plugin ^^

• Hey Miwarre welcome back!

As i took over some of your plugins while you were not available, let me know if you want to retake them, then i will stop maintaining them. (expecially GPS)

Gamer aus Leidenschaft
    (Web) Entwickler aus Leidenschaft
    <3 Vater aus Leidenschaft <3
    (prio in aufsteigender Sortierung ;) )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. Entweder man macht etwas richtig oder lässt es bleiben!
    2. Egal wie lange etwas dauert, Hauptsache es wird fertig (irgendwann)
    ------------------------
    Discord: Devidian#1334

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!