Changelog 2015-02-07: Hunger and food, bacon, more bacon!

• Great update! You really added a lot of new things! However, I think that thirst should be disabled for now.
    Because when I fell the first tree, I got like 3 apples, but in total they are extremly rare. Also, I guess watermelons don't spawn in areas you already discovered.
    So, I either have to run around looking for melons, or I have to use cheats, since it takes a lot of time to chop trees without hacks (or you need them to disable thirst I guess). Also, I don't want to kill the entire forest ^^
    But the amount of sappling you get per tree seems good for me now.

• Because when I fell the first tree, I got like 3 apples, but in total they are extremly rare. Also, I guess watermelons don't spawn in areas you already discovered.
    So, I either have to run around looking for melons, or I have to use cheats, since it takes a lot of time to chop trees without hacks (or you need them to disable thirst I guess). Also, I don't want to kill the entire forest

I think the apple is intended to be in case of emergency. They really can't be depended on to quench your thirst normally. Melons do that great and from what I've seen, shortly after finding one in my area (in a new map..) I would discover another had spawned close by. Just tough to find them in the grass (unless they are far enough away that the grass isn't loaded yet... then they are easy to find).

It takes a lot of time to chop trees? I don't find this to be true at all. Getting lazy there Meltron.. :P

That said, I think thirst may go down a bit too fast currently. Shouldn't need to "drink" more then a couple times a day in order to be healthy. We should be able to go like two days without drinking before dying of dehydration. Longer for food... If this was done, spawns of melons might need to be reduced, possible apples too.

Haste is the enemy of knowledge.

• OK burning bacon and beef works! Oups. :whistling: Melon spawn in explored areas if you go away from them long enough to do a chunk redraw of them and harvest a melon. Tested on a normal and surreal.

Pigs and cows seem to be indestructible if you hit their right sides with the axe. Is that intended? They also turn right so you're always attacking that side unless you run fast and flank them on the left or trap them in a corner.

Got lost twice looking for melons. ?( A compass that points north is useful but a gadget that indicates the direction of your current mark would be also good. Perhaps an astrolabe should be added. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrolabe Aim at the sky and it glows when you're facing the mark. A craftable mark / marker instead of the cheat mark might be a good idea.

• I also killed a cow and it fell into a very deep gully /valley leaving not enough visible to select her. I dug her out got the beef but something prevented me using the mouse wheel in the inventory/ hide body context menu to get 'hide body'. The grass seemed to wave into the selection field interacting with the mouse and interrupting the context menu. The cow despawned later anyway.

• Wird es hiervon auch eine deutsche Übersetzung geben??

• red51: Sorry, I am too lazy to try that out, but do you still get thirsty when you are in Creative mode?

-----
    If anyone else has problems with thirst, I figured out, that you can use the commands "item watermelon 1" and "item apple 64" etc. to get fruits.

• Edit: The newest update seems to have fixed the problem with thirst! Good job there @red51 :thumbsup:
    You seem to get thirsty more slowly, apples drop way more and I now can find watermelons in old chunks

Edit2: If someone does not know yet, you can now restore health by eating food. However, you need to have green hunger and thirst symbols

• Looks really great! I love being able to put the meat on the grill and just pick it up from there without a menu.
    I do have a few questions though:

-Will there be tooltips for when you're hovering the cursor over items: like when picking up meat from the grill? (and other things like watermelons/flowers/pumpkins, I know it's usually pretty obvious, but might be nice)
    -I noticed that the grill/smoker/bbq all require iron to make (which make sense). I was wondering if there might be some sort of 'lower tech' versions to fit with a more primitive/medieval theme?
    -Are there plans to make some sort of 'drying rack' (or maybe using sticks to cook meat over a fire?) for the time before you have iron?
    I think this is one of my favorite updates (the apples look AMAZING) and I'm really excited for future updates! Keep up the great work!

• -Will there be tooltips for when you're hovering the cursor over items: like when picking up meat from the grill? (and other things like watermelons/flowers/pumpkins, I know it's usually pretty obvious, but might be nice)

I would actually appreciate that as well, I just would like for example, that when you aim at an item, that it would show the name of it.

-I noticed that the grill/smoker/bbq all require iron to make (which make sense). I was wondering if there might be some sort of 'lower tech' versions to fit with a more primitive/medieval theme?

I don't know what excactly they had in the MA, but I would say that the grillage over the camp fire looks pretty themed, maybe there should be a more rusty/ old one, though.

-Are there plans to make some sort of 'drying rack' (or maybe using sticks to cook meat over a fire?) for the time before you have iron?

However, that sound pretty neat, too :D

• -I noticed that the grill/smoker/bbq all require iron to make (which make sense). I was wondering if there might be some sort of 'lower tech' versions to fit with a more primitive/medieval theme?

If were going to have a pre-iron age start we may need this.

You could grill bacon on a top slab. Stone grill for the fire should be easy.

Like this but with a slate plate. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C…#Three-stone_cooking_fire

As with minecraft we will probably only use these at the start before going iron age so a convincing stone and iron age is nice but don't send too much time and money on it.

If you want to play the stone age then try crystal dragons vantage simulation. http://www.crystaldragon.com/
    I die early and often in this one.
    I should do a letsplay on it. No voxels though and very limited building.

• Thx Meltron, ich habe es schon kurz nach release versucht zu übersetzen, bin aber versehentlich auf den refresh Button gekommen und hatte dann erstmal keinen bock mehr, wollte es eigentlich grade wieder versuchen und dieses mal von Word hier hinkopieren, so dass nicht wieder mein ganzer Text futsch ist.

I know that feel, that's true pain ^^

Weil du es ja gemacht hast (auch wenn es teils nur sinngemäß und weniger wörtlich ist), werde ich es nicht zum 2. mal übersetzen.

Wie nur sinngemäß? Das ist doch Sinn des Ganzen :P

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!