518 Mafia servers crashes game client

• There is a new issue since the last update the server has been disconnecting from the hive on a regular basis. Try to log in if you get the "no authentication possible" message go back to the server list and wait a few minutes. Your log in attempt will make the server try to reconnect to the hive. You should be able to log in a few minutes later. I am getting the same message when I try to connect or the message "you have been kicked from the server". We have reported the but and they are looking into it.

The server has no fully established connection therefor it can´t get lost. The server actually just makes a request and the response is the answer for the verification. What does your client show in the right top corner when you are in the menu? It should be a green line?

• Yep got the green line. When I try to log in the game just sits at the connecting screen. Then I press the escape key to go back to the main menu. When u check the server it says disconnected from the hive then a few seconds later I get a reconnected to the hive message. At that point when I try to log in on my gaminG machine I can log in with no issues

• Try to update your server with new downloaded server files. You maybe don't have the newest one which should fix this. :)

So I have deleted all the old server files with the exception of the server config , the new world folder and scripts folder and downloaded a fresh copy of the server. All seems well. Both servers have been running for 2 days without a disconnect from the Hive. Players have noticed better performance and fewer disconnects. One player had sent me a message of playing nearly 4 hours before the first disconnect. Thanks for the advice . You guys have been great. I look forward to where the game is going. Thanks again

• So I have deleted all the old server files with the exception of the server config , the new world folder and scripts folder and downloaded a fresh copy of the server. All seems well. Both servers have been running for 2 days without a disconnect from the Hive. Players have noticed better performance and fewer disconnects. One player had sent me a message of playing nearly 4 hours before the first disconnect. Thanks for the advice . You guys have been great. I look forward to where the game is going. Thanks again

Glad to hear that it works now. :)
    You say that they have disconnects? Do they tell you what the error is?

• Glad to hear that it works now. :)

Jay's server restarts every 4 hours so of cause you will get DC after 4 hours play jay i have had my server up for 48+ hours with no problems well that was before the update lol lets hope this new update solves all our problems :-D

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png

• Glad to hear that it works now. :)

Im not sure of the error. I will ask a user if they can screen shot a disconnect . In addition to that I just recently started seeing this. The server is an 8 core cpu and I have 4 gigs allocated to the game in the server config file. This happened with 7 players and another trying to connect. the cpu had a 12% load and was using 635 MB of memory at the time . Should I cut back on the reboots. Currently after about 5 hours users say the world goes white like they are underground.

• try this in your startup cmd
    sure that you have jave x64 ??????
    @Echo off
    java -Xmx4096m -jar server.jar

or even more ram if you have free than 4096

do you use World Edit ? is so you have to reboot after you do a big refill !!!!!

cu
    Vossi

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!