A solution to a nonexistent problem (A.K.A. ages of development)

• i bought this game because of the potential i see on it, but i currently dislike the fact that it seems to be modern oriented. i am, though, well aware that lots of people would play a game like this with a modern theme, but im more of a medieval player. although it was already stated that the game will feature age advancements of technology, i would be very happy if, on the world creation screen there was a slider for "age limit". it would work like this: the age the slider was set on will be the most advanced type of tech available on that world. this way, medieval servers would not have to rely on rules or mods for that matter. it could also work for 'stone age' servers or even normal modern ones, if futuristic tech were to be implemented.

thanks for reading.

• That's a fantastic idea, I really like it! :thumbup: We will implement this after the next update!

You have any suggestions for ages? Perhaps something like Middle Age->Renaissance->Modern Age->Future...

• ideally, in my head, there would be a age tree, instead of a line.

like this:

Stone age(very low tech, forcing nomadic behavior)
    |
    |_Primitive society(low tech, ability to settle)
    ..|
    ..|_Medieval
    ..|.|
    ..|.|_Low Magic
    ..|
    ..|_Victorian
    ..|..|
    ..|..|_Steampunk
    ..|
    ..|_Industrial
    .....|
    .....|_Current days
    ........|
    ........|_Future

if it could be like a tree, each branch could have a limit.
    if a line is better, i envision this:

Stone age --- Primitive society --- Medieval --- Victorian --- Industrial --- Current days --- Future

• I think this is a great idea!!!

• The thing about an age tree, where each branch has an individual limit, sounds pretty cool, but that means that there are many sub ages/movements (e.g. steampunk) and our items and objects in the game don't have enough variation to "fill" those individual ages. For example the furniture: The current chair or table look simple, with an old wood material they fit into medieval times, and with a new wood material they fit into modern times. But there is for example no typical victorian chair.
    I'm afraid it could be difficult to have individual items and objects for each age.

I guess we should stick with a line, and reduce it to just the most important ages. Perhaps we can extend it in the future ;)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!