Craftable Land Claim Papers/Currency/Player-owned Shops/Vendors

• The new area protection is a bit clunky and requires an admin to establish new areas for multiplayer servers, which is quite cumbersome and not conducive to new players being able to join quickly.

Here's my idea: Craftable land claim papers

Maybe players start with a handful at the beginning, and it could be somewhat resource intensive to craft new ones. Maybe requiring gold ingots or some other things to be able to craft.

Land claim papers would allow players to claim a section of land and set their own permissions for it (i.e. Visitors, Building Permissions, etc.). Multiple land claim papers could be used together to claim a larger parcel of land.

Maybe even have it in such a way that players could rent out one or more sections of their land claims to other players for shops, apartments, etc.

Of course that would require some sort of currency system, which I would also like to see in Rising World so that there could be more of an economy to keep servers more active.

Along with that, some kind of shop/player-owned vendor system for a complete player-operated economy. I personally prefer this over NPC vendors that randomly spawn. One of the things that makes Rising World so unique is that the world is completely player built, and thus, the economy should be completely player dependent too.

Green Valleys - PvE Survival - Land Claims/Portals/SetHome - discord.gg/EQ6a9mb

• I'm currently working on a plugin for java that I will bring to unity at some point. there will be a cash register That you can place that sets a shop area. Any chests in this area can be filled with what they Want to sell. Owner can click the register to set prices and collect money from sales. Currency will be 3 coins (gold, silver, copper). The currency will be an item in your inventory So there can be player to player sales as well.

• A self-claim option for players is on our to-do list :) There will be two ways of self-claim:

1. There will be a special "claim" object which can be placed by the player to create a new area somewhere. He can then determine the size of that area (the max bounds will be configurable by the admin), but it's always necessary that the claim object is inside the area. This will make that particular player the area owner
    2. The server admin can create "claimable" areas beforehand. A player could place his claim object there to claim that pre-defined land (unless it was already claimed by another player)

These options will be fully configurable by the admin, so he could decide how many areas a player could claim or create, for example. It could be also bound to an area permission, so self-claim could be restricted to certain areas on on your server.

When it comes to currencies, this is indeed planned in the long run, but for now it is probably more suitable for the plugin API (once it's available). Plugins will have full access to areas ;)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!