Enjoying the game

• I fineally decided to purchase Rising world last night.
    Having watched so many videos, I decided to have a go at it .

I did have a couple of minor issues but I was able to correct them . I have a fairly decent computer ( Dell XPS (I7), 6gb ram, 3.4 ghz Quad Core CPU and AMD Radeon Graphics card with 1 Gig ram ). I really had to turn down the settings to get a playable game. I had to Install 64 bit java from the stand alone installer to get the 64 bit Java installed as most Java installs are 32 bit.

The Game Has not Crashed as of yet .

Some General comments.

The Grass IS WAY to tall, it could stand to be a bit shorter.
    The appearance of the world is a bit too Green and the Mountains could be Grey/ Brown Instead of just grey.
    The world lacks color . (Trees with Green / Brown leaves, leaves on the ground and not always grass. There could also be snow areas and desert/ plains too.). Not Just all green.

Of Course we need water and I look foreword to seeing it.

Regarding Survival, Monsters. As long as we can toggle It off it would be fine. There are too many games out there with slash and hack. This is the closest thing to a friendly Voxel sand box builder that I have seen. This is perfect for kids. When I say toggle off the werewolves, I mean they do not show up at all. :)

We could use an optional economy where people could buy and sell from each other.

Npc Villages of course.

3rd person view.

I would rather see hunger not go down in creative mode. I guess with the command line it doesn't matter.

You are off to a good start. It looks like great things are coming.

• Welcome!

They will provide the means to turn off monsters. I have a toddler currently but would love to let him play this game when he is old enough, and yeah would turn off the monsters. Would be nice to turn off normal predators also. I have asked that nearly everything (more for weapons etc..) have an on/off toggle. We shall see what is done.

For economy, I think most people will just deal with the barter system.

Lots want NPC villages, they may come after the rest of the game is done according to the devs.

I am certain the game modes will be done properly at some point. Creative, Survival, Stranded, Adventure are what I am aware of. Again, we shall see...

You may want to have a look at the New Player Reference thread here: New Player Reference - Commands and Basics - Updated Jan 18

Haste is the enemy of knowledge.

This is perfect for kids.

Na, too good for them let them get their own. :)
    Welcome to the forum. Regarding grass length your going to be busy with the scythe and sickle tools. Personally I think it's just right, the environment to me seems much lusher and feels much more real compared with the majority of voxel based games.
    I'm certainly looking forward to water and seeing things develop.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!