Time / Area Baced Mobs

• Holy crap! That scared the crap out of me with how creepy that Yuki Onna ended up being. The "Snow Lady" is said to appear in snowy areas to lure wanderers to their doom so would make sense having them in snow biomes, but when conditions are 'too hostile' for the player. Like that blizzard or snowstorm.

As for how they appear? I linked an image up above as inspiration so could work off of that. Those snow ghosts I mentioned appeared as those glowy entities I linked above while borrowing from Japan's "Snow Lady" to both populate and 'pester' the player while only in blizzard and snowstorms should be their condition in also being hostile.....

"Yuki-Onna" for those that are curious - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuki-onna

• Yes, because this would make it something special and I like subtle 'horror' or tension more than jump scares etc.

I am the same. The jump scares are too predictable. I prefer something just be creepy. Lurking.

I don't know about it being Japanese. Should remain Rising World. And rather then pester the player, I would prefer they actually made you uncomfortable. Like the first time you go swimming in Stranded Deep and a shark comes close. A bit of panic isn't bad... ;)

Haste is the enemy of knowledge.

• I don't know about it being Japanese. Should remain Rising World.

Yes, I don't really would like a 'Japanese" themed bot. But I really would like Asian landscape. And I guess Asian myth has quiet some nice ideas.

Like the first time you go swimming in Stranded Deep and a shark comes close. A bit of panic isn't bad...

Yes, that was terrifying (except for that the tensioned music started when you were still on land, lel, kinda ruined it), but just until I realised that sharks almost never hit you and that you can easely kill them (Besides that I heard about a study that more people were actually killed by falling coconuts then by white sharks, lol. So I would make them way less aggressive as we talked before in this offtopic thread). I don't really get what you mean with pestering the player, I mean I suggested for them to only attack when something special is happening and to stay in the background. That actually was because I did not want them to be such zombie - like bots like in other games. Though, so bots or/and in some situations they of course should attack you or something like I heard that brown bears are mostly friendly (and don't even eat hardly any meat), but at least when you attack them (or their child), they should be very strong and get aggressive.

• Guess I'll loosely mention and/or reply hmm.....

(Spoilers from Clannad) - This is in response to Meltron's mention of "robotic ghosts".

I'll agree that Rising World should stick to its intended theme while the Japanese stuff should be done through mods, or at least through scenery. Simply 'inspiration' for 'food-for-thought'. That 'snow ghost' was more of a Canadian jest for amusement with me curious to see if they'll even be considered, added, or would be something needing a mod to populate the world; The desert-like emptiness that winter is known for. I'd be happy to find Cherry trees, Japanese maple, and various nature. Not just Japanese....Anything. Chinese, Korean....Middle Eastern type stuff and etc.

I'd also approve of more of a creepy presence than jump scares. Lurking in the fog I'd approve of, even if I'd be fearful in exploring.

• Maybe like this: http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs7…y_vil_painter-d46e1qy.jpg just with glowing red eyes and very far away from the player, hidden in snow fog and only appearing when this fog in there.

Holy crap that's scary! I think this should be a different monster altogether. Where as your monster would be more aggressive I think ArcticuKitsu monster should be more passive following you like there interested in you and hiding when you look at it but will attack you if you get to close. So they are like little mines that following you, but instead of blowing up they just try and rip your face off.

• Maybe like this: http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs7…y_vil_painter-d46e1qy.jpg just with glowing red eyes and very far away from the player, hidden in snow fog and only appearing when this fog in there.

I think this monster should be a diffrent type of monster altogether. where your monster will be aggressive as hell ArcticuKitsu Monster would be more passive. Following you around like its interested in you, but hiding when you look at it. Where it would attack you if you got to close so there like mines that follow you around but instead of blowing up when you steped on them this would just try and rip your face off with ice shards.

• If that was for me, I was responding to Arcticukitsu.

Oh?
    Clear day = curiousity; Following you, maybe even in a train/link/snake manner; Keeping in the distance at nice by shining their eyes.
    Blizzard/snowstorms = Desire for blood by trying to bite at your teeth, showing their bright eyes in the distance. (Or when you provoke them they hide then swarm you like over-sized mosquitoes.)

Torch is one way, a fire ring or similar is another way. Locking yourself inside should be safe. Hearing them scream all night would be eerie.

-------

If we're to add Yuki-onna she should be a mini-boss of her own that preys on players for their life-force. Draining the health bar fast enough that you can still flee, yet won't make it all that far. Would be fun as a mod creature, though having borrowing her abilities in small quantities sounds fun.

------

Alright, what else do we have in mind for the desert, swamp, jungles, and the like? I feel we need to consider those types.

• Alright, what else do we have in mind for the desert, swamp, jungles, and the like? I feel we need to consider those types.

Snakes, Witches, Sharks, Kraken, Tribesmen cannibals, Spiders, Flesh Eating Birds, Piranhas, Venus fly traps with frog tongues, Traps, Bandits, Fire breathing komodo dragons, Demons, Skeletons, Ghosts, Living scarecrows, Haunted armor, Stone warriors, Evil Fairy's

I don't know if this is what you wanted but here is a quick 25 to think about. If you want be to pop more out just let me know.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!