Locking chests

• we really do need some sort of password system for locking up the chests i think maybe when you make the chest you enter a 6 digit key thats used on all your chests and will change all locks if you make a new chest with a new key that way if you forget your key all you need to do is make another chest and add the new key to that one witch will change all chests you made to the same key

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Or maybe simple keys that you carry in your inventory and can copy for other players.
    Or a permission-system on the scripting side were you can set owners and users.

• It's planned, as well as lockable doors, but has a low priority right now. It will never give you the same level of protection than a Lua protection script, since when other users are unable to open the chest, they would simply destroy it out of frustration.

• It's planned, as well as lockable doors, but has a low priority right now. It will never give you the same level of protection than a Lua protection script, since when other users are unable to open the chest, they would simply destroy it out of frustration.

Glad to read this! :)

Haste is the enemy of knowledge.

• Oh! Awesome. Looking forward to how this'll be implemented fully. Adding this into the "On the list" thread :P

Also, I hope there's a mid or late tech object that shall be nearly indestructible so it won't be easy to break through trolling and such. But I guess that's where griefing protecting comes in so I guess I'll nudge on this loosely. Having an anti-grief protecting on chests + locked chests would be a nice combo, especially on 'wild' servers.

Is there an issue in how one object can be bound to a specific owner?

This world is not mine|Not a known giver of fucks|Do not look in my direction!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!