Character Psychological damage

• I think it would be interesting to have some kind of phychological element to the characters, so that as the character encounters monsters, (presuming there will be a hell with horrific 'things' shambling about) it affects the character in some way. perhaps when you sleep in your bed, you get nightmares, and it interrupts your sleep, causing your stamina bar to fall faster when sprinting etc. It could also have an ongoing effect, so if you do nothing about it, it causes your character to control differently as they begin to go a little mad. I think it would add even more realism to this already wonderful game. I don't think it should lead to actual character death or anything, just something of a challenge. It would be perfect for survival mode.

• I think I"ll pull a "Geneon" and say nope. Not necessary right now because we have to see what hostile mobs this game plans to add. I want to see Red's intended mobs added before pushing for "Mind scares".

I can see what you did there :P Guess my own "low priority" kinda just means "When red runs out of things to implement" lel.

• (This seems like an appropriate thread for what's about to be done. Didn't want to spam-create a new thread when we already had an appropriate thread.)
    -------------

The mention of diseases and hypothermia now scares me. Not in the "5 Nights at Freddy's" manner, just that I'm now thinking Skyrim here. I guess it'll all be environmental type diseases, just that the thought of your characters (and possibly NPC types) contracting them now has me fearing how detailed things shall be. It was a nice kick in the rear with how it just set the tone for the game in that "Stranded Deep" type detailed of a brutal survival. Imagine yourself teching up, unable to treat your illness, or being unable to tend to your hypothermia, thirst, or vitamin C issues (if it goes as far as the vitamin C bit European explorers faced when first colonizing North America) and etc. It sure does set the tone of things. Both this (diseases & hypothermia) with that first hostile monster setting the game's tone. Anything else now being a nice colour of painting adding onto the whole.

Good example being stuck in the ocean, swimming, and in winter biomes shall freeze your character. Or when you don't cook fish you risk a slow death through worms attacking your character's brain (5 hp loss per minute, or so) cured through medicines or something. Maybe that's more detailed than the trio are planning, just that it now has me 'brainstorming' of the possibilities.

Once again, I'm thinking Skyrim, and now Rimworld once again, with how you're catching these diseases. Also that Frostfall Mod for Skyrim, or whatever it was called. I wonder if Rimworld is more appropriate here though.

• I personally would say "no" to this, as it would be most annoying... The psychological part of the character should be the player.

However, I would like to see hallucinogens in the game. Would make things interesting. :P

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!