Explosives

• Hello. I have a suggestion to add to the game a dynamite (or other explosives). Dynamite will be useful to faster mining, but it will be difficult to create. I think that the add sulfur and carbon for extraction and a new workbench for mixing these raw materials will be a good solution. After the merger of sulfur and coal would get gunpowder. To do dynamite, will need gunpowder and dirt or stone. Dynamite will explode after 5 seconds (?) after placing dynamite.

P.S. Sorry for my English :)

• Thanks for vote. Of Course, I didn't mean heavy bombs and nukes. For servers maybe add the option to disable explosives? I mean that the explosives are only to help in the extraction and not in the destruction of the world.

• If dynamite is available, greifers will use it to destroy things, whether you 'envision' it being used that way or not.

Personally, I don't think it's worth it, even for mining.
    * In the time it takes you to create and/or gather the resources for dynamite, you could've dug the hole.
    * Dynamite is 'dumb' (ie, uncontrollable)- and it's destructive by nature. Sure it will blow a hole in rock... but it will also destroy any ores in it's blast path too. I don't see it "helping with extraction"- I see it as insuring there is no extraction- just nothing left but a hole. You see it as helping with mining- others see it as being used in traps, land mines, etc.
    * Then there's the question of just how powerful it is. Will it work like real dynamite and blow different size holes in dirt compared to rock? Just how big a hole will 1 stick blow in rock? 2 sticks? 3 sticks? If we get different rock layers (harder as you go down), won't it take more dynamite to blast the same size hole the deeper you go?

Sorry, I'm not a fan of having dynamite in the game- I see it as causing more problems than it's worth.

• Isn't that what makes the pickaxe so useful? it lets you keep the mined resources. Explosives would just obliterate everything in their path and leave you with nothing but darkness and ringing ears. Haa!
    Personally, i don't see mining as a hindrance. Tap tap tap crunch. tap tap tap crunch. It's kind of nice once you get going. Especially when you're thinking of the finished product.

• guys theres TnT type item tnt 10 into the command box only thing is it does not work yet so just looks good

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!