Review of Rising World v.0.5.3.5 Alpha

• First and foremost I would like to point out that this review is based on Update 0.5.3.5 Alpha released February 21st, 2015 on Steam. That being said, I have a lot of good things to say about this game, I as well would like to point out some things that I hope help the development team along their way should they read this.

I have clocked 5.6 hours - SO FAR - into the game by the way so I haven't experienced everything yet. Here is my review on what I have seen so far - warning, it is lengthy as I have comments for the Devs too - also, I couldn't find anywhere in the forum to post this so I placed it here, I hope this is alright. Nearly the exact same review can be found on the games Store Page in Steam, found here:

Rising world is a Survival game but in its current condition it is more of a Creative play - which that by the way has been promised to be added later on as a playable game, I look forward to this (so for those of you that do not want to worry about monsters chasing after you, right now, there are none - made me REAL happy to see for now).
    *To save space in the forum, I placed everything in Spoilers to allow for simpler viewing*

Graphics

Lighting

Overall Mining

Crafting/Building

Animals

Multiplayer

General Game overview:
    I LIKE IT! It is highly entertaining in such an early stage and is on the fast track to (sadly) beat Minecraft in entertainment. Yes, it is a little expensive at $15 for an Alpha-based game, but think of it this way... You are now involved in a game where you can voice your opinion on how the development of the game should/might turn out. YOU have the voice to help make changes in the game. It is fun, entertaining and once you figure out all the little tricks (you know, like the Light button and such) then you will find the game very hard to walk away from.

Well done JIW Games, you are doing splendidly so far!

And that is my very first game review (ever, so I hope it was ok), I hope it helps someone out (be it the creators of the game or a potential buyer/player/addict) - Keep on crafting, fellow Risers! <3

• Very Nice review and I agree with most of what you say. I am not one that cares for games like 7 days to die and Life is feudal. Both of those games , like rising world are voxel based sandboxes. I think there are just too many hack and slash games out there .

The environment of this game is nice but the world itself is going to need work as far as appearance goes. We need different kinds of areas (biomes ) for example snow on the high mountains and on the ground. Various colors of leaves (perhaps seasons)

A weather System (Varying clouds, rain snow, thunder, storms)

Since every world is generated differently there could be Different kinds of suns/ moons in the game. Some worlds could have multiple moons visible in the day and night (just like on earth) How about red and blue suns as well as yellow.

I would like to see these environments worked on , sooner, then later .
    As far as all of these vicious animals go, I have no issue as long as the user can turn off the attacks or not have them appear at all. Too many games are already based on hack and slash. With the proper settings you can run the game any way you want :)

Last but not least, a monetary and trading system for servers. You could mine and farm for in game money.

Also random NPC trading villages located throughout the world as you explore. these could also be switched off and on by the user. (I know these have been discussed) As well as 3d characters. I Know you are working on that , there are lots of free premade 3d characters on the internet we could import. (It would save you a load of work )

I think Red 51 has done an excellent job so far. I look foreword to seeing more in the future. So far I have spent over 80 hours in game and for the most part have enjoyed it . Keep up the good work red 51 :)

• Wanting to say "too soon" but eh, nice to hear people's thoughts. Welcome also :)

I do agree that there needs to be lots added into the game, even myself being able to grab it. This game is still fresh so not being all that harsh about it, instead being overly patient with it while being eager with what's being added. I also agree, and believe, that this game shall strongly compete with and most likely even dethrone Minecraft through natural feature additions. If it stays on track with what's planned then it'll do fine, the planned stuff being on the feature page on the main site. Nice review.

As for Trillnar's response, I also have to agree with some of what he has to say about this game toppling Minecraft. I agree. This game needs biomes (which it shall eventually gain) with seasons hopefully being implemented after that. Even weather. Weather with somewhat more complex weather patterns with freezing rain, hail, fog, and such. Whatever can be pulled off shall make this game more glorious. Even variety in plant-life. Should be interesting to even encounter wild threats in a similar fashion to what's in Skyrim, yet more varied and randomized. It'll have to be due to the vast world, yet not as common as zombies & skeletons in Minecraft. No popping up in random small shadows. That's my hope after all the hostile animals are figured out that shall lead into monsters, if any.

As for money, I do hope it's kept to bartering. Trading for one item for another freely. Whatever the NPCs have you can trade for in return. None of these locked stuff that vanilla Minecraft does, yet more of the "Millionare" village mode with you being able to see what the other NPCS have. It's been said that NPCs shall be kept simplified, even to a traditional NPC RPG foundation needing mods to get all complex. NPC Villages being a 50-50% thing with it pushed all the way to when the game is considered 'completed'. Hoping for high customization in that at the very least.

I have to praise Red and his two buddies for doing a great job so far. Lots of praising to be given to them so far, more in the future. I also have thought that I want to ramble on about so I'll place that in a new thread......

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!