Changelog 2014-11-11: New tool and several bugfixes

• A new small update is available! It does not introduce animals yet, but contains a lot of bugfixes, changes and brings a new tool: A rake, which is used to smooth out the landscape (you cannot smooth stone with it). It also turns grass into dirt.

Please give us feedback for this new tool, and tell us how to improve it :)

Please keep in mind that this is a "work-in-progress" tool, i.e. we will change the behaviour it in the future. The animation is also not the final one, and there is still one known issue with it: When smoothing out a small hole, you may fall through the floor. If that happens, press F2 as soon as possible to enable flying, which allows you to return to the surface safely :!:

Apart from that, we also changed some game mechanics: First of all, the scythe and sickle were updated, they have a secondary action now. When using the primary action, they behave as before, i.e. cutting and removing grass. But when using secondary action, you only shorten the grass, instead of completely removing it.
    We also changed the vertexcalculation for worldgeneration, which causes the world to generate now up to 40 % faster!

Last but not least, this update also contains major bugfixes: We fixed the screenshot bug, *finally* fixed the SSAO-bug on MacOS and Linux, and also fixed some other bugs.

Full changelog:

• [New] New item: Rake, which is used to smooth out the landscape (and turns grass into dirt) (WIP)
    • [Change] When using secondary action with scythe or sickle, you only shorten the grass instead of completely removing it
    • [Change] Changed tooltip texts for sone, dirt etc.
    • [Change] Removed vertexsharing for terrain, world generations now up to 40 % faster (causing more vertices in the scene, but that should be no problem)
    • [Bugfix] Fixed the SSAO bug (unable to start the game when SSAO was enabled) on MacOS and Linux
    • [Bugfix] Fixed screenshot issue (white borders) on some machines
    • [Bugfix] Fixed the bug that you did not receive any resources from digging on terrain surface
    • [Bugfix] Fixed crash when placing blocks on construction elements in some cases
    • [Bugfix] Fixed wrong itemcount when exchanging items in inventory
    • [Bugfix] Fixed crash on Linux, related to erroneous shader
    • [Bugfix] Fixed erroneous vertexcalculation, causing missing grass and collision for some chunks
    • [Bugfix] Fixed a crash on Linux when using the ingame filebrowser for image upload
  • Awesome thank you!!! Just what I was looking for. Was just going to start a cobble stone path but was going to take forever now I just need the rake to finish my path. Also any news of Stairs being introduced anytime soon?

• Awesome thank you!!! Just what I was looking for. Was just going to start a cobble stone path but was going to take forever now I just need the rake to finish my path

Glad to hear that! :) Please let us know how this tool can be improved. Perhaps we also change the behaviour, that you can determine if the rake should turn the ground into dirt or something else (like sand, or gravel)...

Also any news of Stairs being introduced anytime soon?

What do you mean exactly? Stairs (as blocktype) are already in the game. Or do mean corner elements for stairs?

• Awesome! :thumbsup:
    But I seem to remember that you wanted to introduce a shovel instead of a rake? :D

"I wish I had a dollar for every time I spent a dollar, because then, I'd have all my money back" :P

• But I seem to remember that you wanted to introduce a shovel instead of a rake? :D

Touché ^^ We're thinking a shovel may be misleading. One would think that the shovel is used for digging dirt/sand etc., while the pickaxe is used to dig stone. It's not obvious that the shovel will be used for smoothing. That's the reason why we introduced the rake instead.

• Is there a difference in walking on grass or on dirt? I am thinking about different speed (walking on plant dirt should be faster than walking through high grass).

• A small bugfix is available! :)

• [Change] Slightly reduced speed of rake
    • [Change] You can no longer break certain elements in "creative mode" (by command), for example a scythe no longer breaks blocks etc.
    • [Bugfix] Fixed an error when using the rake on blocks (in creative mode by command), which messed up the block data
    • [Bugfix] Fixed bug that gaves you dirt when cutting grass with scythe or sickle

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!