Convert SQLite database to MySQL [OUTDATED]

• okay its loading and get this mesage (sorry)

LOAD WORLDPART FILE: wp-3_5.db
    java.sql.SQLException: path to '/Worlds/New World/worldParts/wp-3_5.db': '/Worlds' does not exist
    at org.sqlite.Conn.open(Conn.java:103)
    at org.sqlite.Conn.<init>(Conn.java:57)
    at org.sqlite.JDBC.createConnection(JDBC.java:77)
    at org.sqlite.JDBC.connect(JDBC.java:64)
    at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:664)
    at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:270)
    at risingworld.worldconverter.database.SQLiteConnection.connect(SQLiteConnection.java:33)
    at risingworld.worldconverter.SQLitetoMySQL$11.convert(SQLitetoMySQL.java:1345)
    at risingworld.worldconverter.SQLitetoMySQL.convertToMySQL(SQLitetoMySQL.java:77)
    at risingworld.worldconverter.RisingWorldWorldConverter.main(RisingWorldWorldConverter.java:12)
    FATAL ERROR OCCURRED!
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at risingworld.worldconverter.database.SQLiteConnection.openStatement(SQLiteConnection.java:59)
    at risingworld.worldconverter.SQLitetoMySQL$11.convert(SQLitetoMySQL.java:1346)
    at risingworld.worldconverter.SQLitetoMySQL.convertToMySQL(SQLitetoMySQL.java:77)
    at risingworld.worldconverter.RisingWorldWorldConverter.main(RisingWorldWorldConverter.java:12)

• okey now i got this i think its work what is the next stap ?

LOAD WORLDPART FILE: wp2_-4.db
    LOAD WORLDPART FILE: wp-5_0.db
    LOAD WORLDPART FILE: wp-2_0.db
    LOAD WORLDPART FILE: wp977_85.db
    LOAD WORLDPART FILE: wp-5_-3.db
    LOAD WORLDPART FILE: wp1_4.db
    LOAD WORLDPART FILE: wp3_2.db
    LOAD WORLDPART FILE: wp-3_-2.db
    LOAD WORLDPART FILE: wp5_88.db
    LOAD WORLDPART FILE: wp-4_-2.db
    LOAD WORLDPART FILE: wp0_7.db
    LOAD WORLDPART FILE: wp0_5.db
    LOAD WORLDPART FILE: wp2_4.db
    LOAD WORLDPART FILE: wp4_-1.db
    Copied 189206 data points from SQLite to MySQL in 26 seconds

• Copied 189206 data points from SQLite to MySQL in 26 seconds

The process is complete, this line indicates that the data points have been successfully copied to MySQL ;) Now you can start the server, but remember to adapt the "server.properties" file first: Change database_type to "mysql", insert the database name into database_mysql_database, and enter the username (database_mysql_user), password (database_mysql_password), server ip (if running on the same machine, enter 127.0.0.1) and port (default mysql port is 3306).

• @red51 I must be doing something wrong but I tried converting a SP world for testing purposes and I am getting an error.

So here is what I did:
    1) open windows powershell
    2) run java -jar ./converter.jar "D:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\RisingWorld\Worlds\Editortest" 127.0.0.1:3306 root 123456789 Editortest
    3) got error "No connection possible to SQLite database: D:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\RisingWorld\Worlds\Editortest." (see screenshot for more info)

• I had the same error as @Minotorious, in Linux.

• Still not working for me, but a different error this time, probably related to permissions, though I did check and the converter has read/write permissions on all users (including administrators). I will try it later on my ubuntu VM but if you can help me in the meantime I would appreciate it :D

Edit: Exact same error on ubuntu too, even used sudo in front of the "java -jar etc." command to force admin mode execution. :/

• @Minotorious: The error indicates that the converter wasn't able to connect to the MySQL server. Is there actually a MySQL server running on the same machine (127.0.0.1:3306)? Does it contain a database (in your case "Editortest")? The converter does not create a new database, so you have to create an empty database first.

• The converter does not create a new database, so you have to create an empty database first.

oh I see that explains a lot XD will give it another try now

• I'm getting a similar error to that encountered above by Minotorious:

java.sql.SQLException: Could not connect: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MariaDB client
    at org.mariadb.jdbc.internal.SQLExceptionMapper.get(SQLExceptionMapper.java:149)
    at org.mariadb.jdbc.internal.SQLExceptionMapper.throwException(SQLExceptionMapper.java:106)
    at org.mariadb.jdbc.Driver.connect(Driver.java:115)
    at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:664)
    at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:247)
    at risingworld.worldconverter.database.MySQLConnection.connect(MySQLConnection.java:28)
    at risingworld.worldconverter.SQLitetoMySQL.convertToMySQL(SQLitetoMySQL.java:56)
    Caused by: org.mariadb.jdbc.internal.common.QueryException: Could not connect: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MariaDB client
    at org.mariadb.jdbc.internal.mysql.MySQLProtocol.checkErrorPacket(MySQLProtocol.java:558)
    at org.mariadb.jdbc.internal.mysql.MySQLProtocol.connect(MySQLProtocol.java:500)
    at org.mariadb.jdbc.internal.mysql.MySQLProtocol.connect(MySQLProtocol.java:709)
    at org.mariadb.jdbc.internal.mysql.MySQLProtocol.<init>(MySQLProtocol.java:280)
    at org.mariadb.jdbc.Driver.connect(Driver.java:111)
    ... 5 more
    No connection to MySQL possible
    --------------------------------

Version info:
    mysql Ver 15.1 Distrib 10.1.26-MariaDB, for debian-linux-gnu (x86_64) using readline 5.2

------------------------------

I've created a new mysql database

MariaDB [(none)]> SHOW DATABASES;
    +--------------------+
    | Database |
    +--------------------+
    | Sukeyland |
    | information_schema |
    | mysql |
    | performance_schema |
    +--------------------+
    4 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Edit to add: The client is also the latest version

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!