Game crash on load

• I just brought Rising world and looking forward to try it.

How ever i cannot play it for some reson.

Windows 7 - 64bit
    Java 64 bit ver 1.8.0.45 clean install

Game loads to "Create A new JIW Games account" then it shuts down instant

Unhandled exception at 0x000000007781F922 (ntdll.dll) in java.exe: 0xC0000374: Der er opstået fejl i en heap (parameters: 0x0000000077896470).

This happens when loading from Steam
    When starting the game from Steam app folder
    When starting the game from Steam app folder as administrator
    Without antivirus running (Avast - premium)

Now im out of idears on how to get the game to work

• turned full screen off and it worked

Now when game is loaded the game use the onboard intel gfx and not the primary NVidia GFX and ask me to manuel assign the NVidia card to the game.

HOW?

• Sorted

However - i have NEVER seen any games where you have to manuel change your primary GFX to be used when a specific program loades. I belive from what i see, a ton of people have this issue, when they just see the game crash to desktop on load.

Even though this is Alpha, i belive if you are going to gain more success, if the install and first load are simpel and easy for every user, as long as their system are supported. Having to fittle with the GFX setting aint gona give a first time good impression, and some people might give up pretty fast. Took me nearly 2 hours to find the solution, as most topics pointed twas the Java Installation and 64 bit, which in my case already was correctly installed.

• I'm glad to hear that the problem is solved ;)

However - i have NEVER seen any games where you have to manuel change your primary GFX to be used when a specific program loades. I belive from what i see, a ton of people have this issue, when they just see the game crash to desktop on load.

It's unfortunately a common problem, but in most cases you won't notice, since only very few games inform you when your integrated card is used only. In this case you notice it because older integrated Intel cards have severe OpenGL problems, which prevents the game from starting correctly (these issues do not occur under DirectX). Graphics card assignment is handled by Windows and your graphics driver, so we can't have direct influence on it. Anyway, we are working on a solution for Nvidia cards at least ;)

well then maybe you are not playing your games with full video power that you have they might just be using the Intel video and you did not know?, i say this because i have owned 3x laptops over the years that have two video gpu's and all 3, i had to point my games to open, using the better gpu on 70% or more of the games i played. if i did mot do that they opened on the default Intel gpu witch was rubbish lol

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • well then maybe you are not playing your games with full video power that you have they might just be using the Intel video and you did not know?, i say this because i have owned 3x laptops over the years that have two video gpu's and all 3, i had to point my games to open, using the better gpu on 70% or more of the games i played. if i did mot do that they opened on the default Intel gpu witch was rubbish lol

Iv been playing online games since 1996 - and i know iv been using the right gfx as noway in hell the internal can run high on everything without preformance issues. Right now im using an Alienware x17 and to be fair, i doubt hardly half the games i play on this can run using the internal gfx, with max resolution. This is the first game since 1996 i had to manuel dedicate the gfx to the game.

Its not that hard to check which gfx are installed on the client, then run a test which card live up to the game demands and change the setting so the game will run using this. Its the gfx test most game run when they start up the first time.

• Its not that hard to check which gfx are installed on the client, then run a test which card live up to the game demands and change the setting so the game will run using this. Its the gfx test most game run when they start up the first time.

That's not entirely true: The graphics card assignment is done by Windows and your graphics driver. If Windows (due to energy saving options) or your graphics driver thinks, that this application does not need full graphics performance, only your integrated graphics adapter is used (even though the game requests the primary graphics adapter). This issue concerns several games, if you have a look for this issue on Google, you find plenty of information about that.

• Iv been playing online games since 1996 - and i know iv been using the right gfx as noway in hell the internal can run high on everything without preformance issues. Right now im using an Alienware x17 and to be fair, i doubt hardly half the games i play on this can run using the internal gfx, with max resolution. This is the first game since 1996 i had to manuel dedicate the gfx to the game.

Its not that hard to check which gfx are installed on the client, then run a test which card live up to the game demands and change the setting so the game will run using this. Its the gfx test most game run when they start up the first time.

GFX i must be getting old ive always called it a GPU or Video Card Whats GFX stand for ?

with your xp it sounds like you will fix this on your own with no problems :-D

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Error message I receive on start, than after 6-7 tries, game starts normally... Win 8.1 I dont have two GFX cards...

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: java.exe
    Application Version: 8.0.25.18
    Application Timestamp: 54345ca0
    Fault Module Name: StackHash_b4ee
    Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: PCH_0B
    OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.256.4
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: b4ee
    Additional Information 2: b4ee5de6a2322745523997a782b35692
    Additional Information 3: 277e
    Additional Information 4: 277e19c30fbd5f6bb531ec9e027c37c3

• There is no such a file in my game directory... :( Today game started after 7th attempt...

*EDIT* After a few days of playing, I can say that game starts randomly, sometimes after two or three retries, sometimes after 7-10. What have I noticed, is that StarMade had a start problem just like RW, and it is too Java based, but after a few updates, game runs good now. I tried also to save java.exe dump file locally, but it is 450MB big, and I need some M$ tools for dmp file to read, .... too complicated for me... In game directory still no error log...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!