[GENERAL] IRC channel

• I have just set up an IRC channel for general help and live discussions. I registered the channel under my nick, but I can transfer ownership if required.

On freenode.net, join #risingworld

I personally use X-Chat since it's opensource, thus not bloated with viruses and other bloatware, and very light. There's a bot in permanence in the channel, and I'll be there most of the time, but probably away. Be patient :)

Cheers!

• irc is good but not for the mainstream. i have seen many projects with irc chans but a hand full users join this. good for nerds but not for normal users :)

--------------------------
    s3mt3x™ ツ

• irc is good but not for the mainstream. i have seen many projects with irc chans but a hand full users join this. good for nerds but not for normal users :)

Any alternative solution? This solution has to be accessible (does not require a vendor specific hardware), OS independent, free (as in beer) and friendly. IRC was a logical choice to me. I know that it is not mainstream, but we are in a "Lua scripting" section of the forum after all :) If IRC scares you, then scripting is definitely not for you! In my humble professional opinion.

With IRC, users can...

• have public / private, instant / delayed conversations easily
    • connect with whatever IRC software
    • connect freely without requiring invitation, add or be added to any circle of friends
    • etc.

It is not mainstream because it does not have emojis and fancy crap, and requires some level of commands.... Without being too cynical; this is just like Lua scripting and using the script in-game, right? :)

• haha i read only the title not the section.

i have nothing say ;)

i have any bots, what we are need?

--------------------------
    s3mt3x™ ツ

• IRC is great :) I haven't been on any channel for sooooo long xD Back to the old 2000's

For thoose who can't / don't want to use an IRC client software (X-Chat is definitely a good one for Windows' users), you can still use Kiwi IRC : https://kiwiirc.com/client which is an online IRC client (in your internet browser) ;)

(Actually, that's what I'm using at work, since the god damn sysadmin did his job quite well an Pidgin didn't want to go over the proxy xD )

• Yeah \o/
    When I setted up my computer on my first day at the office, I saw this crap called Empathy, first thing Ive done : Pidgin xD (and so much stuff xD I need to write myself a quick bash setup script xD )

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!