Changelog 2015-04-17: Peaceful gamemode, tweaks and bugfixes

• Another update is available! It's a small update though, mainly introducing a "peaceful" gamemode (enable it in your settings -> miscellaneous), which prevents all hostile animals from attacking you (if you really want to concentrate on building for example).

Apart from that, you get no longer attacked when you're using "setgametype 1" (as console command).
    Important:
    Multiplayer servers can now disable the usage of this command in the serverconfig.

As usual, we fixed many bugs with this update, especially concerning the latest changes. Find the full changelog below.

We will start working on ores now, so stay tuned for the next update :)

• [New] Peaceful option (animals no longer attack you) for singleplayer (you find it in the settings menu) and multiplayer (server.properties file)
    • [New] "setgametype 1" can now be disabled serverside (still available for admins)
    • [Change] Decreased spawnrate for bears and increased spawnrate for rabbits
    • [Change] Lowered health of bear
    • [Change] If flymode is disabled on a server, you can still use it now when you have adminrights
    • [Change] "makeadmin" command gives you permanent admin rights now (can be revoked by "revokeadmin [playername]")
    • [Change] Reduced strength of big trees
    • [Change] Game no longer pauses when switchting to desktop while loading (caused the game to stuck in loadingscreen)
    • [Bugfix] Player reconnect problems hopefully fixed
    • [Bugfix] Fixed missing inventory when being killed by an animal
    • [Bugfix] Fixed Sql bug when placing saplings
    • [Bugfix] Server setting "animals_enabled" is working now
    • [Bugfix] Animals no longer attack you when you are dead (or in creative mode)
    • [Bugfix] Server setting "list_visible" is working now
    • [Bugfix] Fixed bug with wrong settings in settingsmenu
    • [Bugfix] Fixed problems when player disconnects while there are still pending chunkrequests from him
  • Seconded, there's no other developer who listens and delivers what he says. You have one of the most vibrant forums, I lurk around a lot of places. To cap it all you are developing one of the best games I've seen for a long while.

Thanks again

i second that
    and yes at times it must fell like we are all screaming at you when things don't work right but the fact is and i hope the others agree its because we all love your work and we all just want this to be as good as it can be and we all think your doing a awesome job.

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Quote from "yahgiggle"

i second that
    and yes at times it must fell like we are all screaming at you when things don't work right but the fact is and i hope the others agree its because we all love your work and we all just want this to be as good as it can be and we all think your doing a awesome job.

Absolutely, I think your commitment is shown with the release of this patch, originally you'd billed it as available early Friday evening I think. I got up this morning and saw this thread was started 10 hours earlier which means you must have had a damn long day in the office.
    From the changelog this patch has developed into quiet a bit more than a "little" patch I don't think anyone would have cause for complaint if had been delayed. It's a level of your commitment and professionalism that you delivered on time.

Off to play now. "Where's the honey" :)

• The flymode update fixes a lot of "issues", especially concerning protected areas! However, I would've loved to see this implemented through Lua events (i.e. "PlayerFlymode" or something), etc. The new "makeadmin" and "revokeadmin" are a very nice additions too! It was odd requiring a server restart otherwise... (is the server.properties modified, now, in case of a server restart?)

Other than that, great work on this game! Can't wait for ores, and water to be implemented! (I'm still unsure how you guys are going to implement that last one. Can't wait to see it!)

Cheers!

• Nice, nice! (Can I still suggest bears having a 70% chance of attacking vs 100, or am I just being silly?)

Ores coming up next eh? Nice. Making me wonder if it'll be a handful, or going all out; If treated like food update or adding it gradually. Nice! Keep up the good work. The itch is growing with me now wanting to have a way to showcase ores obtained. Can't wait to see.

Keep up the good work & thanks for being awesome! :thumbup:

• Nice, nice! (Can I still suggest bears having a 70% chance of attacking vs 100, or am I just being silly?)

Ores coming up next eh? Nice. Making me wonder if it'll be a handful, or going all out; If treated like food update or adding it gradually. Nice! Keep up the good work. The itch is growing with me now wanting to have a way to showcase ores obtained. Can't wait to see.

i like the idea of the 70% chance or even 50% or maybe making it so we could adjust this in game

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Ores coming up next eh? Nice. Making me wonder if it'll be a handful, or going all out; If treated like food update or adding it gradually. Nice! Keep up the good work. The itch is growing with me now wanting to have a way to showcase ores obtained. Can't wait to see.

And I want golden blocks :P I want to build a golden temple hahahaha!

• i like the idea of the 70% chance or even 50% or maybe making it so we could adjust this in game

Hopefully it's considered as a vanilla stat. Either 40% or 70% works as a hostile point for bears attacking on site. The bears I know locally even want to play in hammocks so I'd be amused if Red considered adding that whenever you place hammocks into your world. They would find themselves trying to sleep in it. :P

And I want golden blocks :P I want to build a golden temple hahahaha!

Haha! That would be comical though. Hmm....I hope we get a forest stump (Castle era) or a layered glass showcase or one of those Skyrim bookcases to display ores at. As a display piece.........Hope we can 'mold' them into various pieces heh.

• I was building away yesterday and found a bear laying down. I wondered if it was dead until I saw it breathing. It's a wonderful animation. I'd strongly suggest all of you who play survival mode and so get only distant views to switch on peaceful play just to see how great and realistic this looks. Brilliant.

Yes! According to wikipedia, bear attacks are very rare http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bear_attack

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!