Game Won't Launch

• Just bought game. It will start to open and even get to the registration screen. I then get a message saying Java(TM) Platform SE Binary has stopped working. I am running 64 bit Java and my computer specs are way above minimum requirements. I have tried running the game as administrator for the Steam folder. I have the latest driver for my video card. I've tried forcing the game to use my Intel card instead of my Nvidia. I'm out of ideas and have paid money for something I can't use.

• I've tried forcing the game to use my Intel card instead of my Nvidia

I hope you meant that you tried to force the game to use the Nvidia instead of your Intel? ^^ Did you also assign your Nvidia card to java (when using the Steamversion, this java: steam/steamapps/common/rising world/java/bin/java.exe)? Alternatively you can try to assign your Nvidia card globally.

• I updated to Java 8 and assigned it to my Nvidia card. Everything is working now. Thanks to both of you for getting my thought process on the right track!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!