Random Seed Planting

• When birds are introduced, why not have them randomly drop seeds, and plant really unusual crops on your plot. There could be a really small chance to get something really rare. I think it would add to the realism. haa!

• That's high on what I wanted to recommend also by making use of nature's randomness. It'll give Rising World that odd chance of sprouting some odd plant-life generated at random, something along the lines of flower & weed growth in Animal Crossing: New Leaf. Seeing the birds poop to then eventually find yourself seeing that odd wild corn grow, or similar....Imagine the surprise one would find when they play to do a double-take upon that odd plant discovery.

• Thanks Friends!
    I also had this idea of pickaxes and ore. Perhaps each pickaxe could have a set number of how many pieces of ore you get. So, you might get 2 pieces of ore for every 4th hit with an iron pichaxe (crunch ha!), but what if you got 4 pieces with a steel pickaxe, and 6 pieces with something stronger.
    Ultimately, there has to be some real reason for creating these things right? haa!
    it may be a little too late, but i'd love to hear a kind of metallic noise when you strike at ore, so that you know you've hit something special. It would be so satisfying. Dirt should make a thudding noise, stone should stay as it is, and ore should have this metallic 'ding' noise. In the future, i'd love to hear gemstone make a glassy noise too. something special and unique to them.
    I don't want to annoy everyone, but i think that it would be really satisfying. Haa!

• The random seeds sound like extra fun and adds some realistic features to the idea. However, the important part is to make sure they spawn reasonably and not be too obnoxious.

Sound effects are a must! I am not very keen on the sound effect that is made when mining through stone so I hope that gets changed, and the type of ore depends on the type of metallic klinks and thunks.

• I like the idea of animals spreading seeds around via their poo... tis realistic. But, it should not be so powerful that it stops players from exploring. So maybe seeds are only spread within a biome. No desert plants suddenly being "planted" by a bird in a temperate forest.

Haste is the enemy of knowledge.

• Haa! Of course. I suggested it as quite a rare-ish thing. something which you'd hardly notice until, like Arcticukitsu suggested, you do a double-take and go,"what the..?" and there's this really strange plant growing.
    There could be a generic seed, which does a random selection depending on the biome it falls into. That way it would be automatically 'locked' to a certain selection for the specific biome. It would really mess things up wouldn't it, having some out of place plant or tree growing in the wrong biome.
    Of course, it'd never happen because Red and the guys wouldn't allow that tomfoolery! hee hee!

• All theese random plants should have a limited lifespan to prevent a total mixture after some months of playtime.

Geforce GTX 960 2GB, i5 4590 @3.3, 12 GB DDR3 1600, Win 10

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!