[DEV] AreaProtection 2.0

• I am nearly completion of refactoring the AreaProtection script. It is now in testing phase for all those who'd be interested to check out the code and test the features, and such.

Read the README carefully. Do not use on a public server! Backup your current area protection script database before using this branch.

Roadmap

• Enable the rest of the player events; place blocks/constructions/etc., remove blocks/constructions/etc. and all the other building rules (needs testing)
    • Implement the help command (as of 2015-05-12)
    • Localize all strings (as of 2015-05-12, only English provided... I don't speak German :) )
    • Testing group hierarchy rights
    • Allowing specific group members to create limited areas (ex: a landlord can create limited areas on it's domain area) (Note: some security issues with overlapping areas and rights...)
    • Minor tweaks.

Using an existing world and scriptDatabase.db file should work; there are some structural changes in the refactored Area Protection script, but all data should be imported just fine. But still, backup your scriptDatabase.db anyway ;)

Cheers!

• I added this to my Server by GIT - but everytime it shows "Unknown Command" - I'm Admin at the Server.
    Maybe in case of MySQL usage for the mainsystem?

It should not matter what db engine you are using. The commands have changed since 1.x and are using the same pattern as the "World Edit" script; all command start with /area. If /area help does not work, then the script failed while loading the world. However it should help if you can tell me if you see any error in your debug console.

I know my last update was about two months ago, but I'm in a middle of another big project and have little time to complete the script just yet. (The only time being at night, when I'm already tired of my long day.) The basics are supposed to work, but it's hardly a finished script (i.e. it is unstable and incomplete). Also, debugging problems with AreaProtection is somewhat long and tedious as the game does not have proper debugging tools yet. But it is not abandoned and will be completed soon enough.

Bottom line is, and yet again, this is not production ready. Meaning that you should not install this script on a public server just yet.

• Ok so I have installed ZScript, WorldEdit, and AreaProtect. I am now not able to do some vanilla commands (ie. /goto (player) ; /item rake 1; ect...) Do these scripts not work together well?

• Ok so I have installed ZScript, WorldEdit, and AreaProtect. I am now not able to do some vanilla commands (ie. /goto (player) ; /item rake 1; ect...) Do these scripts not work together well?

your just mixing up lua codes with the in game item codes all item and object are done in the command box to enter the command box hit the ~ key next to the 1 for lua codes they go into the chat box t key for chat so (item block 64 23) = command anything with / like /selectarea goes in to chat

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Hello all ;D

Can I save my world with the script, so that visitors can't break anything? If so, how can I do this?

----------------------------
    Kann ich mit dem Script meine Welt sichern, so das die Besucher nichts abbauen können ? Wenn ja wie kann ich dies mac

• Den leichtesten Umgang bietet wohl das Trust Script. Da können nur freigeschaltete Spieler bauen aber einzelne Bauten wären vor freigeschalteten Spielern nicht abgesichert. Dazu müsstest du dann das Area-Protection Script nehmen.

Gruß

• and mabye som comand so expand an exsiting area

and fast comands

Ex:
    /addplaertoarea
    should maby be
    /apta

Yes, indeed, this was in the planning since the very beginning... the problem is that it is not possible to start the selection with a pre-defined size... so it renders the command kinda useless at the moment.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!