New Patch Bug list and Discussion

• With any new features it is inevitable that there will be some bugs. I have just found a few and as a beta tester I figured I would do my duty and post them here. If you find any bugs, or if you just want to talk about how awesome the new features are, feel free to do so below.

Buglist (I will update if/when I find more bugs):

• Ores fequently spawn in midair
    • Ores can be used in place of stone in crafting recipes
  • Both issues - ore in the air and ores used in recipes - will be addressed in a small bugfix today :)
    Unfortunately we have no clue about disappearing inventories. Is there eventually a way to reproduce it?
    About clientcrashes: You're currently able to crash your client when you select the vent cover at your crafting table. This will also be fixed today. If there is also another issue which causes your game to crash, please send us the errorlog file from your game directory.

• I opened my existing world and I soon found ores in the stone. I dug them up with my pick and I only got stone in my inventory but the stone holding the ore was removed. [Edit] I can no longer get any stone. It simply does not appear in the inventory, regardless whether it contains ores or not.

I created a new world and when I dug them up I got ore (coal) in my inventory. I have had no crashes though.

• Both issues - ore in the air and ores used in recipes - will be addressed in a small bugfix today :)
    Unfortunately we have no clue about disappearing inventories. Is there eventually a way to reproduce it?
    About clientcrashes: You're currently able to crash your client when you select the vent cover at your crafting table. This will also be fixed today. If there is also another issue which causes your game to crash, please send us the errorlog file from your game directory.

I have tried to reproduce the disappearing inventory after 5.7.1 hotfix happily without success. Thank you very much.

• I opened my existing world and I soon found ores in the stone. I dug them up with my pick and I only got stone in my inventory but the stone holding the ore was removed. [Edit] I can no longer get any stone. It simply does not appear in the inventory, regardless whether it contains ores or not.

I created a new world and when I dug them up I got ore (coal) in my inventory. I have had no crashes though.

I am now able to find ore, smelt it, and still get stone as normal since the 0.5.7.1 update. The only ore I have found though is on the surface of existing tunnels. I have extensively tunneled through rock at various levels and found no ore.

• I mentioned it in my first impressions but when I go into a cave holding a torch and find ore I can't mine it because it is dark. This is perfect, and how things should be.

However when I go to make a torch stand or bracket the recipe requires iron, which I can get by mining the ore, which I need to be able to put down a torch to mine, which means I need the bracket to make the bracket . . . Not good.

I've already figured out two cheap ideas to solve this for myself. First I can dig a large open pit; an ugly quarry to get the initial stone and iron and then move away from it to actually play the game. Or second I can try to place a campfire (typo'd as a fireplace) once I get some rocks and hope that provides me with enough light to mine the ore.

But these are cheap gimmicks to work around what seems to be a BUG. My suggestion is to allow Tiki torches to be placed into the ground as a low tech solution to let us light up our camps and mines until we can get the iron. Another solution would be animal wax (or candleberry) candles that we can simply set on the ground. Anything to avoid simply having torches place automatically everywhere in the ugly minecraft style. lol

http://www.centurynovelty.com/…914&mr:filter=30726443950

• I didn't see them if they are in the game. I hope you are joking on pressing L for light though . . . Just went in game and checked this . . . L for light is NOT included, there is a heading for LAMP in my keybindings list but even that is currently greyed out. I expect it used to be L for light before lamps were available as a place holder and still hasn't been fully implemented yet for lamps.

You are however right about the Tiki Torch being in under "Garden Torch", I missed it on my first look because I'm unfamiliar with that term but it did work. Good job developer! I always like it when I think something is needed, don't see it, and it turns out to be my own oversight, means things are being done right. :)

AWESOME! Even more excited to watch this game develop now.

• The hard core survivalist in me is actually rather disappointed to see either fly mode or developers lights, but considering how early in development the game is perhaps they are necessary evils. I'm just glad we get both eating and drinking as "needs", the promise of disease later, and other goodies. Hopefully later these developer tools will make their way into an easy mode or some "minecraft creative" equivalent for the people who really want to just build cool looking stuff. :) Ran into a bear earlier today and . . . WOW that was fun. :)

• @red51 Hi there, since the last patch yesterday there is a problem with the ground, before the patch with the ore we could use the ground/earth as stones to build stone ashlar, today it doesnt work anymore, i personally think its much better to use the ground/earth like the stones to build it, also when we farm ground/earth, there are two different types of coloured stone chippings (earth and stone), could you take it back in the game please? :)
    / das ganze auch auf deutsch, da mein englisch von der grammatik vielleicht ein wenig unverständlich ist:
    vor dem erz patch gestern konnte man gefarmte erde wie auch steine zum bau von steinquadern verwenden, wenn man die erde farmt sieht man auch, das die erde aus zwei verschiedenen farben (stein und erde) besteht,
    nun habe ich mit der rising folge die ich heute aufgenommen habe das inventar voll erde und wollte damit eingentlich direkt einen boden für ein mittelalter haus legen, dies ist nun nicht mehr möglich und ich müsste morgen bei der folge extra nochmal in die mine um "richtige steine" zu farmen, dies ist sehr umständlich und auch ärgerlich :( , da man auf der einen seite das inventar voll "material" hat (und dies sonst zu nichts ausser zum auffüllen verwenden kann) und zum anderen nun bei "baugruben" (beim begradigen für fundamente) die doppelte arbeit hat (erde farmen zum begradigen UND dann extra noch in die mine um steine zu holen),
    bitte ändert das wieder ab, so das man die erde wieder zum craften verwenden kann und sie nicht einfach nur das inventar "verstopft", danke ^^
    beste grüße, erik

• With the new update, one of the lights that you can place on the wall/floor/ceiling you can only now place on the floor, it no longer flips to be placed on the wall. It is the white square light.

• @red51 Hi there, since the last patch yesterday there is a problem with the ground, before the patch with the ore we could use the ground/earth as stones to build stone ashlar, today it doesnt work anymore, i personally think its much better to use the ground/earth like the stones to build it, also when we farm ground/earth, there are two different types of coloured stone chippings (earth and stone), could you take it back in the game please? :)
    / das ganze auch auf deutsch, da mein englisch von der grammatik vielleicht ein wenig unverständlich ist:
    vor dem erz patch gestern konnte man gefarmte erde wie auch steine zum bau von steinquadern verwenden, wenn man die erde farmt sieht man auch, das die erde aus zwei verschiedenen farben (stein und erde) besteht,
    nun habe ich mit der rising folge die ich heute aufgenommen habe das inventar voll erde und wollte damit eingentlich direkt einen boden für ein mittelalter haus legen, dies ist nun nicht mehr möglich und ich müsste morgen bei der folge extra nochmal in die mine um "richtige steine" zu farmen, dies ist sehr umständlich und auch ärgerlich :( , da man auf der einen seite das inventar voll "material" hat (und dies sonst zu nichts ausser zum auffüllen verwenden kann) und zum anderen nun bei "baugruben" (beim begradigen für fundamente) die doppelte arbeit hat (erde farmen zum begradigen UND dann extra noch in die mine um steine zu holen),
    bitte ändert das wieder ab, so das man die erde wieder zum craften verwenden kann und sie nicht einfach nur das inventar "verstopft", danke ^^
    beste grüße, erik

@red51 ich revidiere meine aussage von oben, ihr habts echt drauf die erde für die sandsteine zu verwenden war eine geniale idee! :thumbsup:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!