Player 's names

• As a server admin or as a player?

As a player, this is some information that you should not have access to, unless some script have you able to get a friend list or something... But if a player has never been on the server, you should not be able to know this. This is simple security information and a matter of privacy.

As a server admin, go grab SQLite Browser and open your world's database file and do whatever you want with it (at your own risk).

As to if anyone will make such script, it is surely possible to fetch all that information directly from Lua, but I'd advise against that unless under special circumstances. For example, we have been talking about synchronizing ban information across server, into a global ban system (that someone ought to implement at some point anyway), then the admins should know if a given player was banned, or ever banned, and if he/she has ever been on the server. In all other cases, this is player privacy.

So, bottom line, there is a way to know, but nothing concrete at this point. Hope this helps.

Cheers.

• thx
    as a admin
    yes a script is a goo idea, but i don't know do that :(

Bravo for the world edit script. it is very good. But, i should like place flowers in the world ... It's possible....
    cordialement

• thx
    as a admin
    yes a script is a goo idea, but i don't know do that :(

Bravo for the world edit script. it is very good. But, i should like place flowers in the world ... It's possible....
    cordialement

Thanks!
    Placing objects might be in plans for later, sure, why not? Right now, I'm quite busy with other things, but will take a look at it later.

Tu parles français??

• Oui je parle français. Tu as fazit du bon boulot pour des gens comme nous qui sommes réticents à mettre les doigts dans le code 8)
    merci pour tes réponses

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!