SQL

• Is there anyway I can use some other format then databases?

I prefer to keep my Windows laptop clean but would like to play with some people from time to time, therefor I'd rather not run a database.

Is it possible to have just a folder with textbased files for users etc instead of running it with a DB?

Thanks in advance,

Rootshelled

• You can only use SQLite or MySQL. But there should be no problem with SQLite, since you don't have to install any third party programs or something like that. The world is only stored in the "Worlds" folder, nothing outside of the game directory. Basically there isn't much difference to textfiles ;)

• Can you please go into more detail on SQL? The rest of my server is ready. But I can't log on. I'm guessing because I don't have SQL set up. I went to their site and was even more confused. So many downloads, no idea what to download. Do I need to register with them? Any help on a step by step on what to do with SQL, would be appreciated. (I didn't have to use SQL when doing Minecraft Server, so I'm lost at this point)

Thanks!

• Can you please go into more detail on SQL? The rest of my server is ready. But I can't log on. I'm guessing because I don't have SQL set up. I went to their site and was even more confused. So many downloads, no idea what to download. Do I need to register with them? Any help on a step by step on what to do with SQL, would be appreciated. (I didn't have to use SQL when doing Minecraft Server, so I'm lost at this point)

Thanks!

you dont need to install any SQL its built into the server if you cannot join your server it may be because you have not started it or you have the wrong ip to it or you did not unblock your ports if you dont know what any of this means you should just stick to playing on the servers provided by other users or pay for one that's pre installed on a server

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!