Two Suggestions

• I have two suggestions that I think would really drive the gameplay and realism in Rising world.

1) Adding more physics to block structures, where structures could collapse of they are not supported properly. I am not thinking anything as complicated as medieval engineers (

). But some aspect of structural integrity would really add to the game. I am thinking that dirt/loam can only be used for small structures. If you want to go bigger, you will have to use stone. And If you want you go even bigger than that, you might consider creating the building frame with metal and then filling it in. You might also have to be careful when digging caves because you would have to watch out for the cave ins if you don't put up pillars for support. This would also make building bridges VERY interesting.

2) My second suggestion is inventory constrains based on weight or size or both. Items would have different values attached to them and they would all count towards your carry limit. When carts and rail get implemented later, this would create strong incentive build them. Since stone and ore are heavy, and you would not want to keep running back and fourth the mine, creating a mine craft system would actually be practical. A mine where you have taken the time to create a rail system would be far more efficient than a mine without one since you can stay down for much longer periods of time. This would add to the natural game progression since you would start off terrible at mining (or farming or any other relevant activity) and get better over time as you develop transportation systems.

I just thought of this, but it kind of builds off my second suggestion. If there are size limitations and they applied to chests as well then this could create big problems when tying to store large amounts of an item. If there was a mechanism that allowed you to craft many non-placeable items into a single block which could be placed in the world. There could now be the need to create warehouses. For example, if you are a farmer collecting wheat, it would just be impracticable to create a ton of chests for storage. Instead, you craft entire stacks of wheat into a single placeable item and put them all in a little warehouse you built. This would really add to immersion. To prevent exploits you can have it so an entire stack goes into a single placeable item and that item would not be able to stack.

I know the first suggestion would probably be really hard to implement but I feel like it could add so much. Let me know what you think.

• Okay so my opinion,

@1. I like the idea of a very simple version of that, nobody wants flying blocks, BUT i think we talk about Rising World (without Engineers), to still provide the highest amount of creative possibilities i think ths game should never go the "complex" way of medieval engineers. That's no dislike for ME it wokrs fine, but Rising World is a bit different and i don't want to have these building boundaries you mentioned.

@2. Yep that is a good addition, these values would add much more sense to barrels, etc...

• Hmm...

1) Not sure how I honestly feel about this. I do want realism, just not sure how it would fit with Rising World. I would accept it when done in vanilla, just that it can easily ruin someone's day. I guess I can see this more of a mod fiddling with Red focusing on other features until game is considered 'done'. I do like the idea, just that .....Too soon?

2) I love this idea! Similar to Skyrim's incumbrence system, I'd love to see such in Rising World to nudge you into storing stuff at home, using minecarts, cargo trucks, trains, horses with supplies + wagons, among others. Even wearing backpacks and such. It should naturally nudge you in that direction to make use of various transport objects.

• 1. 7 Days to Die physics is what we need.

2. Imagine building a stone tower, and you can carry just a few stones at one time because of weight...=>in survival forget big and awesome buildings, people would build just cottages, or underground shelters, because it would take too long to create something big and glamorous. I don`t support that idea..

• Adding to the carry weight idea, i think that hunger and thirst should wear down quicker when you're carrying heavy loads. Exertion and all that. haa!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!