How to import and export a J3O file to Blender?

• I want to create a few more different shaped blocks and some other basic stuff. However, all the files are in J3O format and I have no way to import them or export my designs. I have Blender to create what I need once I have analysed how big the blocks are in the game.

The problem I have come across is how to import the existing J3O files into blender to edit them into what I want to create and export them into the required J3O files. I'd also need the data that gives the game the required rotation and resizing parameters, (whether it can rotate around 2 axis like a window or just 1 axis like a door and what axis the resizing can act on).

Can anyone help with this?

• It is not possible to convert back J3O files "out of the box". There might be tools to do so, but nothing official. You can find more information about asset management with JMonkeyEngine here. It is important to note that this is so to ensure that models are not easily ripped from a game.

Bottom line is, you need the original models, or you need to create some from scratch.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!