Changelog 2015-07-07: RCON tool and important information about custom images

• Hi folks!

A small "pre-update" is available, this time it's mainly a multiplayer oriented. We added an RCON interface to the server, so admins can remote control their server.

Find an RCON tool on our homepage: http://download.rising-world.net/tools/rcon.zip
    Just execute the "rcon.jar" to start the program (java is required).

Another update will be available around the next weekend, which will finally synchronize custom images in multiplayer (i.e. you will be able to see all images of other players and vice versa).
    Admins can use the RCON tool now to have a look at all current images that have been uploaded to the server in the past. We recommend to do this before the next update goes live, and to delete all images with inappropriate content.

Also expect some fresh content and new features with the next update :)

Of course we still work on the biomes update, but it's coming slowly to an end. Expect some screenshots soon.

• [New] RCON server interface to monitor and control your game server
    • [New] IPv6 address support when connecting to a multiplayer server (via IP)
    • [Change] Contextmenu also listens for key input now (arrow up, arrow down, interaction key)
    • [Bugfix] Fixed bug which prevented you from loading a map in rare cases
    • [Bugfix] Serverbrowser now correctly reports if a server is password protected
    • [Bugfix] PlayerDeath Lua event will now be triggered correctly when killed by an animal
    • [Bugfix] Fixed small issue when teleporting a player via Lua

• What is the timeline for the biomes update ? Actually I think A lot of us both here and on the steam forums were thinking that this was the biomes update.

• What is the timeline for the biomes update ? Actually I think A lot of us both here and on the steam forums were thinking that this was the biomes update.

Probably it'll take around 4 weeks until it's ready. Yeah it's quite long but it will be a very huge update, not only introducing biomes ;)

• When can I use the creative modus bzw. when I can change in a another language ?

Creative mode is planned after the biome and water update. Only exception: When we see that old worlds will no longer be compatible with biomes, we will rush out the creative mode ^^
    What other language are you looking for? Currently only English and German are available, other languages will only be added when the game is in beta (or late beta).

• i think the creative Mode will come earlier then the Biom Update. But the most important thing for me is, when will you insert water as a feature. Actually in my German Let's Play i build a Swimming Place and need water ^^

• i think the creative Mode will come earlier then the Biom Update. But the most important thing for me is, when will you insert water as a feature. Actually in my German Let's Play i build a Swimming Place and need water ^^

Basically it is already there . Just type setgametype 1 in a command prompt and use it to create whatever you want.
    There are other threads here that list the commands and how to do whatever you want.

• Basically it is already there . Just type setgametype 1 in a command prompt and use it to create whatever you want.
    There are other threads here that list the commands and how to do whatever you want.

I know, but the new creative mode will make it possible to copy and paste blocks or objects. The normal creative mode with the command "setgametype 1" is allready in use. You can see it in my german let's play series to Rising World. Over 200 parts.

• Well, to be honest, I am waiting biomes update, those small updates they`re trying to fill waiting time with, are just taking away their time. Personally, after creating few houses, farming, game comes to exploring, which I have done to Hell and back, but it is pointless to run from one to the other side of map, knowing that it is always plain, hill, mountain, grass, trees, plain, hill, mountain, grass, trees, plain, hill, mountain, grass, trees....I am scared from water update though. Even more than Red & co. I guess. I played a lot of EA survival crafting games created in Unity, but none of those have working fluid water, lakes yes, but fluid water no....

• 4 weeks until biome? awesome! Thanks Red! I wonder what else you guys have been rustling up for us. haa haa! Soooo looking forward to this when it arrives! This is going to be something really special i think. Something at the top of my wish list. haaa!

• ahh ok .. I mean change in englisch, how I can this ?

EN Do you have the game on steam? Then go to the "Library" tab, search for Rising World, right-click on it and choose "properties" at the very bottom. Go to the very right tab called "Language" and change it to English.

DE Hast du das Spiel auf Steam? Dann kannst du darin in den Reiter "Bibliothek" gehen, nach Rising World suchen, dann Rechts-Klick darauf und "Eigenschaften" ganz am Ende wählen. Dann auf den Reiter "Sprache" ganz rechts klicken.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!