[Script]World edit complete now with /we fill water and we fill saltwater

• [quote='Anuls','https://forum.rising-world.net/index.php/Thread/2498-Script-World-edit-complete-UPDATED-WITH-WE-CLEAR-BLOCK-PLANT/?postID=22215#post22215']it it not possible to place all kinds off block's? id 129?

would like that to

like the tool very nice

• @LordFoobar
    I love world edit, thanks. Best script to set grass again. :D
    Is it maybe possible to insert a command like "clear shades"? You can clear ugly shades of former mountains or buildings, with
    "fill air", but this command works only on a block surface without removing anything else. To remove shades on a
    grass surface it also removes the grass.

• @LordFoobar
    I love world edit, thanks. Best script to set grass again. :D

Thanks! :)

Is it maybe possible to insert a command like "clear shades"? You can clear ugly shades of former mountains or buildings, with
    "fill air", but this command works only on a block surface without removing anything else. To remove shades on a
    grass surface it also removes the grass.

I have noticed these as well, but I think they are artifacts from the LOD filter or something. If you move further from the shadowed spot, you will see the terrain be replaced by a low level terrain and most likely notice a bump where there's a shadow. The script, however, only works hover high-level API and does not manipulate the world data directly. I'm afraid that there's not much I can do about that. Usually, a server restart resets these spots, but I may be mistaken.

• I have noticed these as well, but I think they are artifacts from the LOD filter or something. If you move further from the shadowed spot, you will see the terrain be replaced by a low level terrain and most likely notice a bump where there's a shadow. The script, however, only works hover high-level API and does not manipulate the world data directly. I'm afraid that there's not much I can do about that. Usually, a server restart resets these spots, but I may be mistaken.

Oh I see :)
    Sometime it is certainly changed by the developers. :D

• Oh I see :)
    Sometime it is certainly changed by the developers. :D

well in fact i know how to solve this problem the dark areas come from areas that have been removed but when the area was remove the edit box was too low and left info in the game to cast shadows below so all you need to do is make a new box in the air above the the dark areas make this box high and then type /we clear abs

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • well in fact i know how to solve this problem the dark areas come from areas that have been removed but when the area was remove the edit box was too low and left info in the game to cast shadows below so all you need to do is make a new box in the air above the the dark areas make this box high and then type /we clear abs

I'll try it, when I've found the next grey area. :D

• could it be possible to change the id of blocks, objects with LUA?

maybe with a command /change id 23 153 so everything with id 23 gets id 153. this would be great for blueprints so you can share them even when you are using your own textures.
    that would be great.

• could it be possible to change the id of blocks, objects with LUA?

maybe with a command /change id 23 153 so everything with id 23 gets id 153. this would be great for blueprints so you can share them even when you are using your own textures.
    that would be great.

Unfortunately, no. World-Edit does not change the game mechanics and is merely a way to call internal game commands. That's all. Therefore, applying what you are suggesting would only affect commands input via the console, and would in no way affect blueprints or the new in-game world editor.

• Hi,
    I find I'm using these commands more and more in my building, it certainly can speed up the construction of large areas. One Command I would find very useful is a reselect. I'm thinking this could be especially useful for placing say multiple level floors or adding walls to a building where the only change to the previous selection is in one dimension for examplethe height.
    Currently I'll select an area then use the place command to place the blocks. Then have to go through selection again for the next floor, it would be great to call back the previous selection and simply raise or lower the height for instance.

• Hi,
    I find I'm using these commands more and more in my building, it certainly can speed up the construction of large areas. One Command I would find very useful is a reselect. I'm thinking this could be especially useful for placing say multiple level floors or adding walls to a building where the only change to the previous selection is in one dimension for examplethe height.
    Currently I'll select an area then use the place command to place the blocks. Then have to go through selection again for the next floor, it would be great to call back the previous selection and simply raise or lower the height for instance.

there is reselect sort of add -p to the end like /we fill dirt -p

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Oh I'll check that out, many thanks.
    Wonderful, you guys are stars. adding the -p to the end of the command eg /we place halfblockt 149 -p worked a treat, altered the selection, raising the height and reran the place command giving the result seen below.

http://steamcommunity.com/prof…66090043089168274</a><br>
    Can use the same principal to do walls.

Have you ever played or seen From the Depths. The building mode on that has a great feature. You can select a mirror mode, where anything built on one side of a centre line is repeated on the other. I think that there might be some mileage in that for RW ?
    I think using these commands almost like an advanced building mode, I really value them.

• yes i have seen mirror before on minecraft i have a update for world edit but i am waiting for some of red's code to catch up this will let you lay water and saltwater so flat water areas will become much more simple, i hope the code in the game will be sorted for this to work soon :-) ive done the code just cant test till red finish's some miner code game side.

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Quote from yahgiggle

yes i have seen mirror before on minecraft i have a update for world edit but i am waiting for some of red's code to catch up this will let you lay water and saltwater so flat water areas will become much more simple, i hope the code in the game will be sorted for this to work soon ive done the code just cant test till red finish's some miner code game side.

That would be fantastic, will look forward to it. I'd like to try placing water with the /we fill but haven't managed it, do you happen to know the ID pllease. Sorry to be a nuisance :)

• That would be fantastic, will look forward to it. I'd like to try placing water with the /we fill but haven't managed it, do you happen to know the ID pllease. Sorry to be a nuisance :)

yes the id's id water = 100 and saltwater 101 but like i said they wont work yet oO red has some small changes to make before we can use the id's

My Own Website

31245-logo-png

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!