Upcoming: Biomes update

• Still got my fingers crossed that this update will be soon , I decided to just wait and not do any more stuff in my current world until I see what kind of biome it winds up in. I wont know the answer until I get the update. I only keep the world parts that I have edited in the database, when the new biomes hit , It will be interesting to see how my edited parts of the world fill in with the new biomes. Basically what happens is you delete the world parts that are 5kb from your world folder ( these are the parts you haven't changed ) And when the game is re launched it automatically should fill in the blanks with the new data . Its going to be a riot ! Cant wait to see what happens. You also need to edit the main world DB and do a few things here and there. ( Hacking the files is fun :) ) I love the way the Data base is written.

• :)

I think you can, you are able to build your garage in nearly map size. :D
    But pls be kind to your new pets. :D

Well living in the city along with a bunch of awesome neighbors makes expanding the garage not much of an option. But i'd still like to surprise my next door neighbor with an elephant on my driveway lol a much people-friendly pet than his serial killer pet bear. ^_^

• [quote='SilverSatin','https://forum.rising-world.net/index.php/Thread/2651-Upcoming-Biomes-update/?postID=21540#post21540']Well living in the city along with a bunch of awesome neighbors makes expanding the garage not much of an option. But i'd still like to surprise my next door neighbor with an elephant on my driveway lol a much people-friendly pet than his serial killer pet bear.

Hm I'm not convinced that is option is better than a firebug in the neighborhood, but absolutely something new. :D

• so... it seems that we will likely see the update come out early next week. which is sweet. just wonder though @red51 if you could perhaps post another pic or two too tide us over .... so i can sleep better :) . Maybe a pic of one of the plants you teased .. if your feeling generous :)

• so... it seems that we will likely see the update come out early next week. which is sweet. just wonder though @red51 if you could perhaps post another pic or two too tide us over .... so i can sleep better :) . Maybe a pic of one of the plants you teased .. if your feeling generous :)

I'm afraid a screenshot would spoil too much =O

Dang thought it would be this weekend there might be something wrong that needs fixing

There are just too many features we wanted to push into this update :S Unfortunately some of those features take longer than expected.

• Is the "early next week" based on the fact that those are the final days in September, or based on something Red said that mentioned "early next week" explicitly?

Does "longer than expected" mean early October is becoming a growing likelihood?

• Is the "early next week" based on the fact that those are the final days in September, or based on something Red said that mentioned "early next week" explicitly?

It's indeed scheduled for Monday or Tuesday (or in case of necessity Wednesday) ;) We really want to bring out the update in September, I mean, when it still does not work next week, we can't release an unfinished update of course, but I'm confident.

• Good news, thanks!

I will understand if there is a delay if things do not work out well, I was just wondering how official early next week is.

It sounds -- "official, but flexble" :D

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!