• Seeing as how we all enjoy silly ideas (sarcasm) I thought I'd mention a few in-game enjoyments that could be considered when one is burnt out in survival mode....

- Chess & Checker board (to play)
    - Hockey (only a stick & a puck)
    - Football (Soccer ball only)
    - Badminton & Tennis.

I'm now going to defend these thoughts because they add more things to do in the game on the side of things. Minecraft had these as plug-ins, Grand Theft Auto Online allowed you to do this for fun so I see why not in adding this into this game. I already see people posting up stadiums so might as well make use of them. Even Playstation Home had these mini-games so might as well have fun with these when the game is considered 'complete'. More to do is always a bonus.

I also stand by my suggestions of riding moose, having NPCs play custom music for you, and having pirates attack you on the high seas.

• That's indeed planned, unfortunately we have neither an ETA for that (most likely not before beta), nor an idea what kind of "games" we will implement exactly. Probably we will at least implement smaller games, like card games (could be quite funny to sit at a table in multiplayer and play poker with your friends), board games and most likely small videogames (playable on a tv for example) ^^

• Games in side games lol don't do too meany games inside games or i wont know where i am maybe i am in a big game now who knows right.

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • think of the paradoxes playing a game within a game within a gameX10 within rising world. What happens when u die in one of the inner games? do u die in rising world? Do u get stuck in the alternate worlds or do u die in real life from trying to contemplate such a complex set of worlds?

• think of the paradoxes playing a game within a game within a gameX10 within rising world. What happens when u die in one of the inner games? do u die in rising world? Do u get stuck in the alternate worlds or do u die in real life from trying to contemplate such a complex set of worlds?

yeah your right what will happen if in game 5 you die but your in reality game 10 oO hell this could end the world as we know it players will turn into zombies and no real work will get done,

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • yeah your right what will happen if in game 5 you die but your in reality game 10 oO hell this could end the world as we know it players will turn into zombies and no real work will get done,

Hmm time to change our EULA so we cannot be held responsible for that :D

• Well if the world did end u couldn't be held responsible, well unless the lawyers miraculously survive. But if the world fractures no one would be left to complain anyway.

• That's indeed planned, unfortunately we have neither an ETA for that (most likely not before beta), nor an idea what kind of "games" we will implement exactly. Probably we will at least implement smaller games, like card games (could be quite funny to sit at a table in multiplayer and play poker with your friends), board games and most likely small videogames (playable on a tv for example) ^^

Sweet. I wouldn't mind having fun with any card game. I don't know how to play poker, yet could try learning. Be sweet to try messing about with solitaire, Blackjack, solitarire (standard & spider) for the hell of it. Any small thing works when inbetween builds & survivals. For the hockey & soccer suggestions being minor with a stick being able to push a puck/ball or being able to kick a ball object. No need for referees or official rules. Only simple basic implementation. I can imagine people making use of their already built stadiums for such.

Video games in RW would be interesting also. Computercraft from Minecraft allowed you to do so, same with command blocks. It seems silly, yet I can see it being a worthwhile feature to play basic mini-games, or ones people program into Rising World. I wouldn't knock the idea because it's a fun though.

Going to ignore Yahgiggle and crew's posting because I view it as mockery when I take into account how people added chess & other various sorts of mini-game sinto Minecraft. I guess they're unaware of how much fun it brings when wrapping up your session in these sorts of games. I guess you wouldn't know.....

• A battle Arena system like the roman coliseum would be awesome to. U could have it set up so that while the two players are battling lions and other animals get released. U could have it so that people can only die in the arena. U would have a small pvp area inside a protected area. U could also have a fishing and hunting tournament type mini-game. Who can get the biggest fish or animal. Maybe a gardening game where u can compete to see who has the best garden.

• Apologies for blowing up again. Simply annoyed that this thread didn't get the two above postings, only jokes that I viewed as mockery. I was hoping for some "immersion" or ideas flowing. Moving on......

I'm sure there's a way to set up a battle arena with NPCs. If we can have RW version of command blocks then that be helpful. Either that, or lure animals from elsewhere to this coliseum. PVP servers would have fun with this, similar to "spleef" and all that from Minecraft side.

Mini-Golf is something I'd enjoy seeing. That & hockey should both work in a similar fashion if we can have stick objects shove items around. I'd happily make a mini-golf area for my reincarnated settlements.

Bow shooting is something I'd enjoy also. I'd set that up first when animations are added. Whenever they are it'll be among the first to be added.

Sweet :)

• Things like a battle arenas can be created with Lua ;) Not sure about "more complex" games like mini-golf, hockey, football etc. We have to think about it. Currently only small games (card games, board games, video games) are planned :)

• How about games which mimic the day-to-day slog of the character? such as some kind of time trial tree cutting game, or some kind of mining puzzle game? haa! The visuals could be sort of 'cutesy' like terraria. hee hee! There could be some really nice soundtracks too (again, nodding toward terraria ha!)
    Obviously i'm not saying copy or follow terraria in any way, but just the pixel visuals would add that kind of 'retro' look to it, making it both amusing, and fun. haa!

• Yes it could be possible but then Android must get emulated and that would be really ressource consuming. I think it would be better to make some little apps you could use on the smartphone, e.g. flappy birds. But it still take years until this would be implemented.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!